Full Job Description
Currently seeking an Executive Assistant, for the Office of the CEO to provides comprehensive executive administrative support to the President & CEO, the EVP/Chief Operating Officer and the Vice President.
Specifically, the Executive Assistant will:
- Scheduling/Meeting Coordination: Undertake heavy calendar management for CEO, EVP/COO, and VP and as well manage all scheduling of Executive Team meetings and retreats. Collaborate with other administrative support staff to effectively organize and coordinate meetings and ensure that management time and access are focused on key priorities.
- Operations Acumen: Apply understanding of PHS operations to support management effectiveness and responsiveness.
- Point of Contact: Serve as ‘go to’ for internal and external constituencies for requests of CEO, EVP/COO and VP, and exercise judgement in in determining and proactively taking next steps.
- Board Preparation: Manage scheduling of Board meetings and Committee meetings and distribution of all meeting and committee materials.
- Communications: Clearly communicate with others (internally and externally); draft responses or communications as appropriate from CEO; draft memos, prepare reports, proposals and presentations as needed; support distribution of all staff messages from the Office of the CEO.
- Conflict Management: View conflict as an opportunity to better understand and/or improve a situation or relationship, and effectively resolve outstanding issues.
- Continuous Improvement: Actively seek out opportunities to improve business processes/procedures.
- Priority Setting/Time Management: Demonstrate time management sensibilities when scheduling, and prioritizing commitments.
- Problem Solving: Approach problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
- Administrative Support: Ensure timely response to approvals and signatures needed from CEO, EVP/COO and VP; complete purchase requisitions and payment vouchers; process invoices; make travel arrangements; maintain paperwork related to expense reports, etc.
- Ad Hoc Assignment Management and Execution: Leverage understanding of the organization and processes to plan and undertake special projects as needed.
- Specific support for CEO:
- Hold daily check-ins with CEO to discuss day’s schedule and look aheads, ensuring CEO is prepared and has all needed materials in advance of key meetings.
- Prioritization in scheduling — take initiative to prioritize scheduling on behalf of CEO to allow for key or last-minute meetings.
- Review and manage CEO email, tracking important/key emails and alerting CEO to needed responses; forwarding emails to others at direction of CEO.
- Independently draft email responses on behalf of CEO as needed.
- Join Empowered Cohort (EC) meetings and EC prep meetings, take notes at meetings; undertake research for EC meetings.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven experience (minimum of 5 years) as an executive administrative assistant or senior executive assistant, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations and proven experience interacting with senior management.
- Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office; strong working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including table creation, mail merges and basic formatting.
- Successful experience working with diverse stakeholders.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Strong problem-solving skills, determining course of action to resolve issues.
- Ability to take on projects and independently see them through to conclusion.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to quality improvement and team building.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location