The Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research University. Our groundbreaking discoveries in basic and clinical research are transforming medicine. We share a singular commitment to advancing science for the benefit of humanity. Our collaborative culture drives each of us to achieve a higher level, fueling the breakthroughs for which we are known.
We are looking for a college student that wants to gain human resources experience. This is an in-person internship based in New York City on the Upper East Side.
You have/You are:
- A highly motivated and organized individual with a willingness to learn and to contribute to the team
- The ability to solve problems, be detailed oriented and be conscientious about all work completed
- Ability to work in a professional and confidential environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to navigate a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Have the opportunity to collaborate on projects that will support the team in reaching established goals and objectives
- Assist with clerical work and other special projects
- Work collaboratively across the institution supporting a range of projects and initiative
- Gain insight into HR-leading software, technology, and tools
- Organize personnel files
Human Resources at The Rockefeller University creates, encourages, and maintains an environment that supports, develops, and sustains the well-being of our employees, students, faculty, and the broader community. We do this by being a knowledgeable, approachable, professional resource in providing quality services in the areas of employee relations, benefits, recruitment and retention, organizational development, compensation, human resource information management, academic appointments, affirmative action, and immigration. We develop and communicate sound policies and procedures that balance the needs of employees and the needs of the university while ensuring compliance with federal and state law. We provide strategic leadership, modeling excellence, honesty, integrity, and teamwork.
We encourage employee questions and comments and strive to professionally serve our scientific community, offering a comprehensive benefits package, training courses, progressive online access to confidential employee data through secure password access, information on complex immigration updates, and general support of all University personnel issues.
We are a scientifically rigorous, strategically focused, creatively balanced group built for the future. Come join us!
This job requires that employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Rockefeller University provides reasonable accommodations where legally required including accommodations for medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
Please email your resume and a cover letter indicating your availability (days/times) per week to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rockefeller University is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans