About the job
The NFL Media Strategy & Business Development (“BD”) department oversees the licensing of NFL content across all media platforms. This includes market and competitive analysis, business and rights valuation, go-to-market process management and deal negotiation and execution. This team executes partnerships across a range of business models and structures. The core mandate of the group is to grow the popularity of the National Football League by distributing content in a manner that reaches and engages both new and existing fans, increases revenue for the business, and creates long-term strategic value for the 32 member clubs.
This person will assist in managing a portfolio of existing partnerships as well as help identify and pursue new opportunities to distribute NFL content across social and digital platforms. This role requires a strong self-starter who can combine a solid understanding of the overall media and digital media space with a comprehensive foundation in business analysis.
The Manager oversees day-to-day project management across deal teams with the goal of driving short-term results and supporting the broader media rights strategy. Responsibilities include producing financial models and presentations for executives and external partners, leading regular communication with external business partners (e.g., weekly calls), and thoughtfully managing internal stakeholders and processes (seeking internal feedback, escalating issues, proposing recommendations, etc.)
- Identify, negotiate and manage partnership opportunities with media and technology companies to generate revenue and increase fan base and meet strategic objectives.
- Oversee day-to-day activity with current partners to ensure contractual obligations are met and all parties are relationships are mutually successful
- Take initiative on drafting materials tied to strategic approach for rights, committee materials, partner performance updates, etc.
- Conduct market research and financial analysis to support strategic direction
- Maintain budgets and P&L accountability for area of responsibility
- Collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders (Legal, Finance, Sales, Sponsorship, Content, Ops, etc.) on relevant deal points
- Communicate market and deal updates to senior executives and team ownership
- Create and participate in strategic presentations to senior executives inside and outside the organization
- Reading, interpret and negotiate commercial contracts
- Contribute to positive group culture to foster high performance, efficient processes and professional development
- Active fan of spectator sports in order to relate to the user experience of sports fans and visitors to NFL Media properties
- Deep interest in digital media industry, especially social media platforms
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate details to senior management
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of each project including analysis, external considerations, impact and opportunities
- Attention to detail, especially when multi-tasking across various projects in a fast pace environment; expected to execute tasks with minimal error and with high level of efficiency
- Strong, confident personal style that can persuade and motivate others to accomplish corporate goals while holding team members accountable to a high standard of performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to efficiently produce written materials in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Unwavering commitment to honest and ethical business interactions
Required Education And Experience
- 4-year degree
- 2 years of experience, ideally in media or financial services
Terms /Expected Hours of Work
- The NFL places a priority on having an in-person workplace, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success. We remain steadfast in our belief that working together as a team, in our physical office spaces, is critical to the successful execution of our season. For those reasons, we expect employees to work from an NFL office five days a week, except in limited circumstances permitted by NFL policy.
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- We also continue to prioritize the health and safety of our NFL workforce. Consistent with that commitment, in light of the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread the COVID-19, we require that members of our NFL workforce be fully vaccinated. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation for a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.