The Lower Eastside Girls Club (LESGC) is seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated and skilled college intern to support the executive leadership team on administrative and project-based tasks. The selected candidate will work closely with the Co-Executive Directors, Chief of Staff, and other executive staff and their teams.
The internship is a unique opportunity to support LESGC’s most significant special initiatives, including:
- The Center for Wellbeing and Happiness (CWBH): In 2020, LESGC launched CWBH, which provides free wellness programs to Lower East Side community members of all generations and genders. The LESGC intern will support CWBH by conducting research on health, wellness, workforce development, financial empowerment, and other holistic wellness models.
- initiative funded by the NYC Council runs from Jan-June 2022. New Girl City brings together female-identified young people (ages 14 to 21) across the city to learn the symbiotic relationship between civics/public office and social justice. The LESGC Intern will support program execution, participant communications, and other administrative tasks.
- LESGC’s annual gala and special events: Intern will support administrative and event-planning elements of our Annual Gala, our biggest fundraising event of the year, as well as other special events that may arise.
Additionally, the LESGC Intern will perform additional administrative tasks including, but not limited to:
- Assisting the leadership team in scheduling and preparing for meetings with staff and partners
- Drafting emails, thank you notes, remarks, and other correspondence on behalf of the Co-Executive Director for Strategy & Operations
- Preparing powerpoint presentations, reports, meeting notes, and agendas
- Taking minutes at meetings, as requested, and ensuring that minutes are prepared and distributed, and that follow-up on actions from meetings are completed
- Representing the organization at events and meetings
Internship Terms & Conditions:
- Period: October 2021-May 2022
- Status: Remote & In Person
- Vaccination Requirement: Intern must be vaccinated
- Compensation: Educational credit or pay at an hourly rate of $15 for 10-15 hours a week, except for major holidays and closures.
- At least one year of internship experience at a comparable organization
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to take on multiple tasks and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Organized, conscientious and attentive to detail
- Interest in project management, strategic communications, public relations, policy and social justice
- Ability to comfortably interface with different internal stakeholders (including executive leadership team, programs and facilities team) and external stakeholders (including community members, public/elected officials, and influencers/celebrities)
- Open to feedback, direction and guidance
- Proficient in Google Workplace, including Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides
About the Lower Eastside Girls Club:
The Lower Eastside Girls Club (LESGC) supports young women and gender expansive youth of color throughout New York City in leveraging their inner power to shape a better future for themselves, their community and the world. As an innovative learning hub, we model practices of community resilience and self-reliance. By championing young people and channeling their curiosity and creative energy, we are transforming our world to one of “Joy. Power. Possibility.”
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org