Production Expediting Manager (Expediter)-26969
We are seeking a Production Expediting Manager to join the Space Exploration Sector (SES) Production Planning Office (PPO) to coordinate the movement of parts, materials, and subassemblies throughout the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL) to ensure schedule adherence for SES Programs. Production Expediting Managers are expected to operate independently, set priorities, and adjudicate competing needs to provide timely information, solve problems, and be impactful on programs/projects.
As the Production Expediting Manager, you will…
- Production Expediting – Seek resolution to all barriers for completion by need date at the individual work order level. Escalate resource conflicts, gaps in process and bottlenecks. Work in conjunction with Engineering, Purchasing, Kitting, REDD Manufacturing and other groups across the sector to coordinate efforts and provide visibility to ensure effective prioritization and on-time completion.
- Program Administration – Provide JHU/APL internal customers with “out of this world” service through communication, coordination and status from design to delivery. Be the point person for PPO in SES Program status meetings, providing insight into all parts, materials and assembly status across the Lab. Communicate estimations to complete for all program supply. Maintain status tools with real-time information.
- Optimization – Work with the PPO Manager and Industrial Engineers to partner in optimizing the tools, information flow, processes, etc. to drive continuous improvement for overall production facilitation by PPO at JHU/APL.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you have/are…
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a business, technical, or relevant field OR equivalent experience in the areas of program facilitation and manufacturing.
- Experience in supporting manufacturing efforts through the entire process (design to delivery).
- Strong social, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with all staff levels optimally and with a professional demeanor
- Demonstrated professional-level experience in coordinating or contributing to dynamic projects with numerous concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of urgency, responsiveness, bias for action, and follow through
- Ability to work independently to initiate and complete tasks with general direction and feedback
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of ERP systems to track parts and assemblies through various process steps
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously while providing outstanding attention to detail, accuracy, and customer service
- Highly proficient in the use of business and office applications software programs including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You exceed our minimum qualifications for the job if you have…
- Have four or more years of experience in supporting manufacturing efforts
- Current or previous APICS Certifications (CPIM and/or CSCP)
- Experience with Infor Visual ERP
- Experience with collaboration across sectors or departments
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates. At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.