The Events and Administrative Coordinator will work closely with the Ivy League Executive Director on various projects and will have independent responsibility for event and committee meeting planning and travel arrangements. The Coordinator will assist with management of Ivy League championships, including preparations and on-site event support, as well as issues related to sports administration.
The position is a member of the Ivy League office staff, located on Princeton University’s campus https://ivyleague.com/index.aspx .
A. Committee Meeting Arrangements and Travel 40%
- Coordinate and schedule arrangements for regular and special on- and off-site, in-person and virtual meetings of Ivy League committees, including Presidents, Policy Committee, Athletic Directors, coaches and others as needed, including maintaining regular contact with support staff in the various offices regarding meeting arrangements, calendars, and special requests for each group.
- Research possible locations and secure bids for sites to hold League meetings and other special events; recommend preferred options based on cost, location and suitability of facilities; negotiate contracts with hotels and other vendors.
- Prepare and serve as on-site manager of annual multi-day League meeting event for 60+ attendees, including meeting rooms, sleeping rooms, meals, special activities; serve as primary contact with hotel; and ensure budget objectives are met.
- Manage hotel and travel arrangements for Ivy League championships and other events for League staff and others as needed.
- Make and track travel, lodging and associated arrangements for the Executive Director.
B. Office Operations 30%
- Assist with championship preparations and operations, including on-site event support as needed.
- Prepare cost projections for use in budget decisions.
- Supervise student workers, coordinating their schedules, tasks and time.
- Maintain the office calendar, proactively anticipating scheduling needs and identifying scheduling conflicts
- Coordinate scheduling, arrangements, and agendas of staff meetings and other office events.
- Prepare and distribute League meeting materials, reports, and presentations, anticipating and managing the appropriate timetable and deadlines.
- Manage common areas, conference rooms, kitchen, storage and general office appearance, anticipating needs to maintain upkeep.
- Manage the maintenance of office equipment and ongoing orders of office supplies, and assure appropriate fiscal responsibility for all purchases
- Maintain Ivy League contact database and directory, identify and incorporate changes throughout the year, fully update annually
- Actively participate in office activities, including planning sessions and meetings.
Administrative Support 30%
- Manage a variety of administrative tasks, including scheduling zoom meetings, filing, record-keeping, and proactively anticipating staff needs.
- Attend select Ivy League staff and committee meetings and record minutes; coordinate and assist with maintaining records of meetings and decisions.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to manage, track and organize Executive Director’s meetings, obligations and a variety of administrative tasks.
- Serve as the point person and follow-up contact for the Executive Director in relationships with the eight Ivy League institutions, NCAA staff and Division I conference commissioners, including developing and maintaining relationships with staff members in offices of the Ivy League Presidents, Vice Presidents, Deans, Athletics Directors, and other offices as needed.
- Serve as primary liaison with Princeton offices for office assistance (e.g., telephone, IT, human resources).
- Answer main phone line, greet guests, sign for deliveries, distribute mail, and assist staff with shipping needs.
- Prepare and distribute general correspondence.
- Manage and update memberships in organizations, subscriptions and convention registrations for League staff.
- Conduct special projects and research as requested.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Interest in and experience working in intercollegiate athletics
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and supervision
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire to be part of a team environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Acrobat software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
Occasional weekend work required
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver’s License Required