Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
Job Location: Hershey, PA
The Hershey Company West Hershey plant is a Union plant producing products such as White & Milk Chocolate Paste, Kisses, Nuggets, Milk Bars, Almond Bars, Rolo, Syrup & Cookies and Crème in a high-speed complex environment.
The role of the Operations Planner is to provide personal leadership to support the financial objectives of the Plant as well as preparing detailed production schedules to support the master production schedule and manage MRP parameters to ensure timely material purchases and delivery to support the schedules while meeting inventory management objectives.
- Develop and communicate detailed production schedules for assigned operations to support higher-level master production schedules. Provide input and analyses to assist in optimizing long-term planning strategy of operations.
- Manage MRP parameters to ensure timely material purchase order creation and delivery to support schedules and to meet inventory management objectives. Interact with suppliers to communicate material needs and develop solutions to material supply issues.
- Maintain BOM and routing information to ensure accurate requirements projections and effective execution of engineering changes
- Consider impact of scheduling decisions on shared resources throughout the plant (i.e. labor, equipment, tooling, etc.) and work with other personnel to resolve conflicts and improve productivity
- Develop strategies and tactics to effectively manage inventory portfolio, with the intention of minimizing costs and improving supply chain performance
- Utilize knowledge and expertise to support various productivity improvement initiatives within the plant
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Knowledge of supply chain management principles
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and communications (verbal/written) skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong PC skills including the use of MS Office products (particularly Excel), as well as proficiency in using SAP or a similar ERP package
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritize multiple activities and manage volatile/changing conditions
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Degree emphasizing Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred).
- Experience in supply chain and/or manufacturing area with particular focus on production planning/scheduling and materials management disciplines required.
- Experience with SAP is required
- Experience with MS Office (Excel and Word) required
- Experience with JDA is a plus
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).