The Bliss Group has an immediate opening for a full-time, experienced Writer/Content Specialist (AS or AD level commensurate with experience) to develop short and long-form content for clients in our professional services practice. In this role, you will be responsible for ideating, creating and editing high-priority written content across a variety of formats, targeting a mix of B2B and B2C audiences. The right candidate will take a creative approach to business writing, excel at distilling complex subjects into reader-friendly narratives and apply critical thinking skills to develop unique, compelling perspectives that tell the “so what”.
Examples of content you may be asked to create include:
- Survey reports
- Technical whitepapers
- Blog posts
- Byline articles
- Press releases
- Website copy
- Infographic copy
- Video scripts
- Email copy
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leverage stellar writing and editing skills to develop thoughtful, jargon-free content, balancing multiple projects and deadlines
- Perform necessary research to quickly get up to speed on technical topics and draft pen-to-blank-page writing assignments
- Develop differentiated positioning based on market intelligence and critical thinking
- Understand client business and marketing goals and align with key messages
- Proactively propose story ideas for ongoing content initiatives and marketing campaigns
- Learn how writing assignments fit into broader integrated marketing strategies and assist in the development of long-term client content marketing plans
- This role will be dedicated to content strategy and execution; no media relations, though understanding of what makes a content piece newsworthy is important.
- Client interaction
Qualifications (this is NOT an entry-level position):
- 4+ years of business writing experience including long-form, technical or complex content. Preferably B2B. Agency experience a plus.
- Have a strong interest in B2B communications and integrated marketing
- Exceptional writing and editing skills are critical in this role
- Ability to grasp complex content and come up with original ideas
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning
- Receptive to critical feedback
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to work quickly, prioritizing multiple assignments, while being flexible to changing client and team needs & priorities
- Thrives in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Works effectively within a team, demonstrating coordination, communication, and problem-solving contribution. Has a positive, professional, and flexible approach.
Work Location: currently, working in-office is on a voluntary basis. As of November 1st, 2021, this position will be based in our NYC office, working a hybrid schedule.