The Intern should have a Bachelor’s degree or in the process of achieving degree with a focus on Risk Management. The Intern must possess a professional and courteous demeanor and be willing to dress and conduct themselves in a professional manner as outlined by the Firm and have the ability to be proactive and reactive on client related matters. Critical thinking, organization, and ability to be detail oriented is a must.
The Intern will be responsible for providing support to Manager/Consultant in managing the day to day operation for one client or a grouping of clients including multiple projects depending on complexity according to the Firm’s Best Practices. This includes but is not limited to maintaining the organization needed to meet deliverables and address open items. The Intern is expected to work under the direction of the Manager/Consultant, exercise judgment and discretion in performing his/her duties and be able find and execute solutions to any challenges that may arise.
Reports Directly To:
- Manager/ Consultant & VP of Talent Management
- Manage multiple tasks that support client projects from beginning to end;
- Pursue individual growth through continuing education utilizing subscriptions and electronic library of resources supplied by the firm;
- Conduct initial reviews for policies on all assigned clients;
- Maintain consistent and accurate record of billable hours in database demonstrating the value added to the Client for the service the firm provides;
- Support the Manager/Consultant with marketing and renewal of client insurance coverage;
- Manage responsibilities with regards to OpsRisk on all client data and policies per account;
- Managing client open items and bringing all follow-up items to conclusion;
- Maintain client insurance policy files electronically and Schedules Of Insurance (SOI);
- Contribute to blogs published on the firm website with fresh and engaging content that is industry specific;
- Assist with other projects assigned by Senior Management;
- Help Manager/Consultant prep for client meetings, take notes during the meetings and prepare the meeting minutes to send out to Client as a part of the post work completed by The ALS Group;
- Monitoring ToDos, corresponding with clients both verbally and through emails.
Please find the complete job description in the attachment below.