The Intern should have Risk Management and Insurance educational foundation with a desire to prefect knowledge across all coverage types and gain more familiarity regarding the Insurance Marketing & Renewal process. During the internship project the candidate chosen must possess a highly-professional and courteous demeanor and be willing to work directly with the Client Service Team, as well as ALS Leadership during the project’s duration. The Intern will be creating suggestions, doing research on coverage types and/or specifications (platforms such as IRMI) to use for internal documents while presenting to ALS Leadership and Talent Manager.
The Intern is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Coverage Specification project for the Firm, keeping the project on time by proactively asking questions and presenting updates weekly to the leadership team. It is preferred for the Intern to have or be working toward a Bachelor’s Degree or higher education with a Risk Management and/or insurance major.
Reports Directly To:
The ALS Group Leadership Team
- Senior Leadership of the Firm & VP, Talent Management
- Client Service Team
- General understanding of Insurance Coverages;
- General understanding of Insurance Marketing and Renewal process;
- Learn how to operate IRMI for research purposes;
- Assist in the maturity of coverage specification chart and progress throughout internship;
- Assist in the creation of coverage comparisons to be used for internal specification;
- Suggest ways the Insurance Coverage Specification can be utilized during the Insurance Marketing and Renewal process to ALS Leadership;
- Update Best Practice manual regarding process to utilize matured specifications created for standardization across all internal teams during and post intern project;
- Identify ideal insurance policies in current ALS database to use as a model for specification document creation;
- Enter personal time and billing into Time Matters database at the end of each business day in order to keep project on time and budget.