As Construction Estimator at Tesla you will be playing a critical role in company critical projects at Tesla facilities in Fremont, CA. You will understand cost drivers at the fundamental level while facilitating value engineering efforts cross functionally, enabling Tesla to rapidly scale our manufacturing facilities at Ludacris speed
- Understand, develop, compile and present high-level cost estimates for multiple projects at Tesla
- Develop detailed cost estimates as designs develop, communicating with various stakeholders on cost drivers and value engineering opportunities across all trades
- Use efficient and aesthetic communication methods to escalate risks and communicate opportunities
- Employ a can-do attitude, ensuring all stakeholders are engaged and aligned to the program goals
- Create what-if scenario estimates for program strategy and decision making
- Develop long term strategy on estimation methodology, tool and systems for CAPEX projects
- 5+ years of experience on large commercial or industrial construction projects, 3+ years of estimation experience required (All trades preferred)
- Experience in estimation with Civil, Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical and life safety systems
- Experience in value engineering and cost modeling with fast turnaround results
- Excellent written and verbal communication presentation skills are a must
- Knowledge of how things are built at the fundamental level, experience with construction management preferred
- Willingness to get your hands dirty to understand the projects you are supporting
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines, aggressive goals and demanding work environment.
- Have an inquisitive and open attitude to exploring new ideas and willingness to continuously learn
- Capacity to work long hours on demanding projects in high stress environments
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).