As an Construction Project Engineer, you will be playing a critical role in building the world’s largest factory. You will work in the field managing trades and subcontractors and will be asked to work cross-functionally, interfacing with base build, construction engineering, and manufacturing engineering while tracking a project’s schedule and budget.
- Consistently provide a high level of customer service to Tesla staff, vendors, business partners and guests while at times, being the client interface.
- Meeting coordination and conference room reservations & set-up, as needed. Attend meetings, if necessary, for taking minutes and documenting other information.
- Managing workload – prioritizing work and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Project Start-Up task tracking including contracts, proposal letters, work authorizations, creation and/or maintenance of project directories, cloud-based file sharing sites, opening project and sub-project numbers.
- Early Project Phases tasks including but not limited to programming data worksheets, consultant contracts, consultant work authorizations, accurate project files documentation (hard copy and electronic), FAST form documents, project filing, print coordination, copying/scanning, creation/maintenance of various spreadsheets, correspondence, maintenance of logs (contracts, work authorization, consultant work authorizations, sketch logs, plotting), meeting coordination and Zoom meeting set-up as required, preparation of meeting agendas and meeting notes, package preparations & shipping/mailing and org charts for the team.
- Construction Documentation/Administration Phases tasks include file sharing, print coordination, logging RFIs & submittals, QA/QC documents stamping and coordination.
- Project Close-Out tasks include dead filing and punch list tracking.
- Special duties and projects, as assigned or necessary including coverage of other coordinators.
- Experience in an administrative capacity preferably with an architecture, design or construction firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant years of experience(Construction management preferred).
- Ability to effectively prioritize with strong time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- High level of professionalism and strong sense of urgency.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Bluebeam, Aconex, PlanGrid, and MS Project preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance; Proactive, motivated self-starter.
- Proficiency with conferencing systems.
- Flexibility and ability to -handle and manage change effectively and efficiently.
As a full time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).