The Associate Director of Social Media, Executive Communications supports Temple University’s President by creating and executing a holistic communications strategy in support of the president’s thought leadership and executive platform. The Associate Director of Social Media will be tasked with developing and maintaining a timely editorial plan; managing all content and tactics associated with the president’s social media channels, including LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter; and collaborating across teams to obtain data and assets that inform strategy and content. This role must possess extensive knowledge in social media strategy, understanding of the latest digital communications trends and regulations, and anticipate new opportunities with the goals of curating best-in-class channels and growing audiences for the President.
The Associate Director will have a keen understanding of content strategy, developing C-suite level leadership communications, and the higher education landscape.
The Associate Director will bring a high-level of social media and digital communications strategy to the role and will work closely with the University’s social media team to ensure both the University and President’s strategies are aligned. This role will report to the Senior Director of Strategic Outreach, within the President’s Office. This is a fast-paced, high-profile position that manages daily social communication needs and develops and executes long-term strategic communications objectives. This role will have direct access to the university president and executive leadership and must consistently maintain a high level of professionalism, accuracy, and deep understanding of their field. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, English, Communications, or Journalism. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
● At least five (5) years of experience in managing a variety of social media accounts for executive leadership, preferably in a corporate or C-suite setting.
● Five (5) years of professional social media management experience in a business setting.
● Direct experience in managing brand-level social media marketing and a proven record in growing audiences and establishing goals.
Required Skills & Abilities:
● Ability to demonstrate outcomes and ROI using analytics tools
● Ability to work outside of traditional working hours and schedules, as needed, to support the president’s attendance at conferences, events, etc.
● Some travel
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent project management, analytic, communication, and diplomacy skills
● Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines, organizing content, and producing high-quality messaging and presentations for senior executives
● Demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information
● Must be able to work well under pressure
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills
● Must possess a commitment to and experience with promoting and enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, and working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
● Ability to work with university leadership, faculty, students, employees, media, and the larger community
● Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams to present a coherent message
● Knowledge of social media management tools such as Khoros, or similar tools
This is assigned a hybrid work arrangement (on-campus and remote), the duration of this hybrid work arrangement is at the discretion of Temple University and the Department.
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
In accordance with the City of Philadelphia’s mandate, all Temple University students, faculty, staff and contractors must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 15, 2021, unless they have a medical or religious exemption approved by the university. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks or more following the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks or more following a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Individuals who do not meet the University’s vaccination or exception requirement by October 15, 2021 will be prohibited from working until proof of vaccination or an exception is provided. For more information visit the university’s Vaccines web page at https://www.temple.edu/coronavirus/vaccines.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-report
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.