Full Job Description
The Strategy and Analytics department develops cross functional strategy for the club’s business operations, including stadium operations, sales, and marketing. Additionally, the group engages in project management for strategic initiatives and seeks to identify and develop new revenue opportunities for the Rays organization. These efforts are supported through the use of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics and data driven decision-making. The Strategy and Analytics internship provides a learning experience for those looking to develop their knowledge and skills surrounding sports business operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the Strategy and Analytics Department with a mix of project management responsibilities, strategy development, and business analytics efforts in support of enhancing game operations, fan experience, and sales and marketing effectiveness.
- Aid in data entry and reporting.
- Create presentations, visualizations and reports for key stakeholders across various aspects of sales, marketing, and operations.
- Assist with planning and coordination of the Rays concessions and retail operations strategy including data collection, analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- Assist with ad hoc analytical project requests through exploration of complex data sets to identify trends and opportunities for improvement for the organization.
Plan, conduct, and report on market research including surveys, focus groups, etc..
- Assist with coordination of special events as needed.
- Willingness and eagerness to perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Work and perform assigned event day and event night responsibilities, which will include some weekends, nights, and holidays.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 4-year degree.
- Strong work ethic, organization skills, and the demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Must thrive in collaborative working environments and working across disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills (via phone, e-mail, letters, etc.)
- Strong research and analytics skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with statistical programming languages such as R, Python, SQL is a plus.
- Experience with a BI/Visual Analytics Tools (Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy, Microsoft BI), is plus.
- Experience with CRM platforms, specifically MS Dynamics and KORE, is a plus.
- Ideal candidate should be a fast learner, adapt well to change, and thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Must be able to work home games and other events including weekends and holidays as assigned on a limited basis.
The following are brief internship guidelines:
- The internship will run from January 10th, 2022 through September 30th, 2022.
- Must be available for normal office hours (8:30 am – 5:30 pm), and game days and events as assigned
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.