Full Job Description
Number of Openings
Talen Energy is soliciting candidates interested in applying for a 2022 Summer Internship at the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station located near Berwick, Pennsylvania.
Susquehanna Steam Electric Station, one of the largest dual-unit, Boiling Water Reactor sites in the U.S., delivers approximately 2700 MW of electricity to the grid in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Susquehanna Nuclear is a member in good standing with the Utilities Service Alliance. Located less than 30 miles south of Wilkes-Barre at the western edge of the picturesque Pocono Mountains vacation region, we are conveniently located near the arteries which connect all the major East Coast cities.
Susquehanna Station represents the nuclear portion of Talen Energy, one of the largest competitive energy and power generation companies in North America.
Talen Energy offers its employees a generous and progressive array of compensation, benefits and growth opportunities. Apply today and become part of the team which is helping to shape the future of electricity generation.
A Talen Energy Intern/Cooperative Associate is a temporarily employed full-time college student in an accredited institution of higher learning, who is offered a work-study program designed to give college students practical work experience in their field of study. This program often helps students determine career interests. Beyond the scope of the actual tasks performed, the student becomes familiar with a corporate environment and gains practical skills and knowledge to supplement their classroom experience.
Joining Talen Energy as an intern/cooperative associate provides you with the opportunity to explore possible career opportunities along with:
- Meeting senior executives
- Becoming members of business resource groups
- Participating in community service projects
- Contributing to departmental goals
In this position, the successful student(s) will support Engineering, Nuclear Training, Leadership Development, Nuclear Regulatory Affairs, License Renewal, Radiation Protection, Chemistry, Nuclear Procurement / Supply Chain, Nuclear Security, Emergency Planning, Nuclear Projects and/or Outage Management activities at Talen Energy’s Susquehanna Steam Electric Station, a dual unit nuclear power plant. Project assignments will vary by department.
Candidate Qualifications: Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university program as an undergraduate or graduate student. Must be enrolled in a curriculum leading to a baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate degree.
- Must be enrolled on a full-time basis (12 semester hours)
- Have an acceptable overall (cumulative) grade point average, not lower than a 3.0
- Eligible to work in accordance with Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) regulations
- Able to provide an official student transcript and other required information
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .