Who is Swire Coca-Cola? We are one of the largest bottlers of Coca-Cola and other beverage brands in America. Our 7,200 hardworking and passionate employees produce and distribute more than 50 brands and flavors across 13 states. We have as many careers as we have flavors, and regardless of which role you choose, you have a direct impact on Swire Coca-Cola, our products, and the communities we call home.
At Swire Coca-Cola, our commitment to excellence is what guides our actions with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time associates which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays and Company Discounts.
What does a Sustainability Specialist do at Swire Coca-Cola?
Specifically, the purpose of the Sustainability Specialist is to support the company’s data-based approach to Swire Coca-Cola Limited’s “Our Choice. Our Future!” SD2030 “Planet” related sustainability goals, the highlights of which include:
- Climate: Science Based Target commitment, which covers our entire value chain in the principle of limiting global warming to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels.
- Water: Reduce our water usage ratio from 1.7 to 1.4 by 2030
- Packaging: Develop and support plans that will make primary packaging recyclable by 2025, make primary packaging with 50% recycled material by 2030, and collect and recycle one bottle or can for each one sold by 2030, in line with NAOU and SCCL commitments.
The Sustainability Specialist role is essential to accurate collection and verification of necessary 3rd party audited and publicly reported data, which measures SCCUS progress towards achieving (on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis) the established glidepaths for the company to meet its SD2030 goals. Reporting on progress, along with recommendations for improvements, facilitates timely final decision-making by leadership to ensure SCCUS meets these publicly stated commitments.
THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN DRAPER, UT!
- Develop collection methodology and standard operating procedures to supply data needs for numerous and continually evolving reporting requirements. Provide stakeholders with required reports and recommendations for KPI performance improvement. Maintain timeframes, metrics, methodologies, and work with data owners to ensure alignment. on frequency and scope of the required reports.
- Scrutinize data to ensure accuracy and identify potential duplication or errors. Work in collaboration with internal teams to communicate and resolve any discrepancies, which may have been identified, prior to providing final approval and submittal to Swire Coca-Cola.
- Maintain a strong collaborative relationship with numerous internal data owners, including finance, manufacturing, warehouse, sales, remanufacturing, fleet, and supply chain teams.
- Train manufacturing plant EHS managers on procedures and software operations to ensure proper data entry into both Swire Coca-Cola and The Coca-Cola Company data management systems.
- Develop and maintain standard data collection operating procedures for evolving manufacturing plants, distribution centers and remanufacturing department reporting requirements.
- As reporting requirements increase; identify data owners across the organization, train those owners on proper data collection methods and maintain the information streams in multiple databases.
- Create and build charts and dashboards to illustrate trends and visually represent the sustainability story for a variety of stakeholders, including SCCL, NOAU, elected officials, non-profits, media, etc.
- Meet timelines for successful publication of external reports; coordinate proofing and documentation processes with internal teams.
- Facilitate and participate in sustainability initiatives aligned with our sustainability strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, preferably in a sustainability related field (Preferred, but not required)
- Ability to manage fast-paced work independently and prioritize a high volume of work
- 2 years experience in relevant work preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and other data management tools (ex. Power BI)
- Must be proficient in English. Spanish or Mandarin language proficiency would be looked upon favorably
- Enjoys working on a team and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects to deadline and with minimal oversight
- The person should be: Enthusiastic. Tenacious. Responsive. Eager to make an impact. Open to feedback.
- Have excellent eye for detail
- Travel (10%) within Swire Coca-Cola’s footprint, and occasionally beyond, will be required
Swire Coca-Cola, USA is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer that participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.