The Sustainability Analyst is responsible for assisting with Sun Communities Environmental, Social and Governance program by developing, implementing, and overseeing sustainability initiatives throughout the company. They will engage with internal team members across the organization and external parties to ensure Sun Communities continues to be a leader across its ESG policies and initiatives.
- Monitors and measures key performance indicators related to environmental goals to ensure appropriate progress.
- Identifies projects aligned with environmental goals and needs of the company, including but not limited to climate change mitigation and resiliency, resource management and biodiversity.
- Oversees the process of data aggregation and input into companys sustainability tracking and reporting software system.
- Assists in the coordination of the annual ESG framework submission process including ongoing information collection.
- Reviews sustainability initiatives ensuring compliance with all applicable policies, standards, regulations, and laws, as well as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and resource needs.
- Advocates for implementation of environmental best practices including opportunities and programs that involve and provide benefit to our residents and guests.
- Monitors trends in sustainable business practices, renewable energy, ESG reporting to identify opportunities and risks.
- Monitors peer sustainability activities and engages with industry sustainability resources to identify best practices, industry trends and opportunities.
- Engages with internal departments across company to integrate sustainable design and processes into regular business activities.
- Communicates progress on ESG strategy and programs, enhancing visibility through qualitative and quantitative reports.
- Assists in development and distribution of communication materials for team members, residents, and guests regarding sustainability initiatives.
- Communicates with the public reporting and investor relations teams on improving understanding and integration of ESG factors, in support of the overall business and communication strategy.
- Partners with the social responsibility manager to create strategies to meet company goals related to corporate social & environmental responsibility; organizes, attends, and promotes events related to meeting these goals.
- Coordinates with Strategic Sourcing regarding ESG related vendors, including working to identify expanded opportunities for innovation, partnerships, rebates, and programmatic development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies or related field (Required)
- Experience in data manipulation and management
- Advanced computer proficiency including the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite, email, and internet
- Familiarity with third-party ESG reporting frameworks [ISS, GRESB, DJSI CSA, CDP, GRI, Sustainanalytics, TCFD] (Preferred)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proven analytical skills
At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with 4 plan options so you can choose the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family
- Comprehensive Dental and Vision Plans
- On-Site Fitness Center with Free Personal Training & Group Fitness Classes
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance and Dependent Life
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Sun matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to team members who further their formal education
- Vacation RV Site Discounts for team members when visiting SunRV Resorts across the nation
- Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service, and more
- Free Virtual 1:1 Tutoring for the children of Sun Team Members
- Paid Time Off including ten holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
Apply for a Corporate Headquarters (HQ) position, located in the Metro Detroit, Michigan market today.
Join our Talent Community and explore Corporate Headquarters jobs at Sun Communities.
Southfield, MI, US
Employment Type: Regular
Classification: Full Time
Job Reference: 101901
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: CSR, Strategic Sourcing, Management, Operations