Stripe builds economic infrastructure to grow the GDP of the internet. To do this successfully, we have to enable internet business models at scale. This means: Stripe’s product teams have to be able to set the right business models for their products, our sales teams have to be able to customize these models to fit users’ businesses (which the internet might have never seen before), and our Finance teams have to be able to understand our costs, calculate tax, and generate the financial reporting required to run our fast-changing business.
The Monetization and Financials team build platforms that do just this. We serve as subject matter experts on what Stripe users and other Stripe teams need in these horizontals (e.g. user billing, cost estimation, tax, financial reporting…), and turn that into powerful platforms that product teams can use to monetize their products. We’re hiring a number of product managers to own these platforms and set Stripe up to support the cutting edge of internet business models.
- Enable Stripe’s ambitious product innovations and financial goals. You’ll be critical to Stripe making money, and understanding our business.
- Work closely with other Product Managers and engineering organizations at Stripe, while also owning key cross functional relationships with Sales and Finance leaders
- Own the product strategy and roadmap for your platform
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A passion for how companies make money and communicate about making money. You’re excited by the way a contract encodes a business model, or the way financial statements tell a story about a business’s strengths and weaknesses. A business background (e.g. management consulting, investment banking, accounting, investing) is a plus!
- The ability to work cross functionally and speak many languages. You’re equally credible as a thought partner for Engineering, Sales, or Finance leaders.
- Experience balancing competing needs in a platform. You’re excited by thinking through the right balance between flexibility and consistency, and comfortable communicating prioritization among competing user needs.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.