The Senior Treasury Analyst performs global cash/debt management, foreign exchange and interest rate hedging activities, supports financing activities, performs analysis of treasury products/service, supports treasury accounting/reporting/internal control and automation efforts.
- Perform global cash and liquidity management activities including approving funds transfers, cash flow forecasting, multilateral netting coordination, cash pooling and bank account management
- Perform financial risk management activities including analyzing foreign exchange and interest rate exposures and executing/confirm/settle derivatives contracts
- Manage short term investing and borrowing; manage intercompany loans; prepare interest expense forecast and analysis
- Assist with subsidiary financing activities
- Support the establishment of new bank account and trading relationships with banking partners such as ISDA documentation and KYC requirements
- Support the implementation and ongoing monitoring of bank products including credit card programs
- Benchmark, analyze and negotiate bank service fees
- Analyze and recommend bank products and services to increase efficiency and minimize financing cost
- Back up Treasury Analyst in daily cash management including reconciling cash and processing wire transfers
- Participate/lead treasury automation projects; support treasury process improvement
- Provide analytical support to management; support SEC reporting, perform month-end closing responsibilities and fulfill internal control/SOX requirements
- Additional responsibilities/projects as required
Must have critical thinking and strong analytical skills. Negotiation, problem-solving and follow-up skills. Taking strong initiative in learning and pursuing results. Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Must demonstrate overall business acumen and ability to collaborate with cross-functional and geographic teams. Experiences with ERP systems required.
Minimum 3 years finance experience preferably with a multi-national corporation or financial institution
B.A. in Finance or related major required; MBA or MA preferred.
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 20 global manufacturing locations and over 2,000 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.