Pulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Full Job Description
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Join our Staples World Class Supply Chain Team and deliver essential products to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
The Senior Analyst for Financial Planning & Analysis will be a key member of the North American Delivery Finance team dedicated to providing analytical support and business insights for the $10B+ delivery business. This role will support the Supply Chain leadership and work directly with leaders across Final Mile Delivery and corporate leadership to help drive deeper understandings of business performance and trends, as well, ensure businesses are performing in line with short and long-term objectives.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to establish strong working relationships with peers and leaders that result in open, active lines of communication. The successful candidate will take a pro-active approach to interpreting business results and subsequently, share those findings with the goal of influencing and driving business behavior.
What you bring to the table:
- Key role in managing the P&L monthly, including analysis and reporting between Supply Chain Leadership and Field constituents
- Forecast and collaboratively plan key expenses for various distribution components
- Develop budgets for key drivers of the distribution organization
- Analyze expense trends and make recommendations for cost control and savings opportunities
- Be adept at manipulating, analyzing and presenting findings around big, complex data sets
- Create performance summaries for inclusion in weekly and month end reporting / business reviews
- Partner with leadership to identify key business trends and provide supportive analytics that drive and influence business performance
- Establish and manage business specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Think analytically, focus on the big picture, and can drill into the detail and disseminate key insights
- Provide general and ad hoc analytic support to the business units
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications
- 3-5 years of progressive finance experience
- Proven ability to take large complex data sets and turn them into actionable information
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with Business Unit, Finance partners, and Senior Leadership
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail required
- Advanced presentation skills for educating internal business partners on emerging
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field
- MBA or master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience synthesizing complex results into communicable insights.
- Systems knowledge and experience with Excel, SQL, Python, PowerBi or other Big Data Management Tools, a Plus
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
- Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.