- Evolves our enterprise wide Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Management strategy to include integration of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) long range plans into the corporate business performance objectives.
- Coordinates implementation of an aligned enterprise and local EHS&S strategy, develops control procedures, and directs/supports auditing processes to ensure strategy builds a culture of no harm to people, our community, to the environment; and its operational effectiveness is validated by a certified management system.
- Identifies, develops plans, and executes technical improvement projects across a multi-disciplinary team to achieve annual corporate ESG objectives to ensure the organization’s performance with respect to the long-range improvement plan
- Influences and coaches site leadership on execution of robust EHS&S action plans to improve safety, emergency response, environmental, stewardship performance that fosters full employee engagement.
- Develops a robust set of leading indicators which serves to focus on the correct areas for mitigating risks and producing excellent EHS and Sustainability results within business operations.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of multi-national environmental legislations. Informs relevant parties of legislation requirements and how the changes will affect operations.
- Develops and manages enterprise wide environmental program capabilities including corporate environmental contracts for effective waste management, regulatory compliance, risk mitigation and contingency operations.
- Enhances and administers corporate information systems supporting EHS&S processes to provide transparency relating to performance and focuses continuous improvement initiatives that mitigate risk, enable sharing best practices / lessons learned in order to reduce incidents and drive business performance.
- Provides corporate EHS&S guidance and supports plans for due diligence, new acquisition integration, process re-design, equipment procurement, installation, commissioning, decommissioning activities, repair development and closure operations.
- Communicates corporate environmental performance, liabilities and risks with executive management and other key stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Clarifies environmental responsibilities and expectations with customers, vendors and; provides technical support for corporate contract negotiations when needed.
- Interacts with and coordinates outside resources including contractors, equipment vendors and supply vendors for corporate process improvements.
- Ensures a continually improving and effective pandemic response program.
- Judiciously manages budget in delivering valued services to business operations.
- Approximately 20% travel required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or Engineering or related discipline.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Professional Certification (CIH, CSP, CBSP, CHP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization preferred.
- 10 or more years of EHS corporate leadership experience in manufacturing environments preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of aerospace materials and manufacturing processes.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take broader themes and transform them into tangible actions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong technical acumen that would support the development and execution of environmental improvement projects through our processes and facilities
- Demonstrated ability directing, developing and managing multi-disciplinary teams through influence and indirect reporting relationships
- Demonstrated success building a proficient and skilled team of EHS&S professionals at all locations
- Demonstrated ability with leading an extended team of 25 through influence and indirect reporting relationship preferred
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 6,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $3 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG), a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.