This position is primarily responsible for assisting with, scheduling, and executing Austin Spurs Marketing opportunities designed to extend the Austin Spurs brand and generate sales opportunities.
The eligible candidate will assist the Marketing Department with daily functions, logistics, events, games and special projects. The role will also occasionally assist with the Communications and Basketball Operations department. This role will also assist in special projects with San Antonio FC. The eligible candidate should meet a multitude of qualifications, including but not limited to: ability to maintain confidential documents and files, maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude and have strong organizational skills.
Seasonal role: November 2021- April 2022
Part-Time: Up to 29 hours/week
Position is located in Austin, TX
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
- Assist with planning and execution, for all Austin Spurs event marketing opportunities.
- Assist with game-day needs for the Austin Spurs Marketing.
- Assist organize and track Austin Spurs marketing efforts to allow the department to make well-informed decisions.
- Filing, tracking, and reporting-duties as needed by Marketing Department.
- Assist with special projects as needed by San Antonio FC.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current or recent college, or university student/graduate in the degree fields of marketing, business, sports management, or communications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and problem solve.
- Communicate effectively to leadership.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Strong customer service and written communication skills required.
- The ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- 50% of job able to be performed remotely/50% of work needed to be performed onsite as needed.
- Some travel may be required including to/from San Antonio.
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.