Full Job Description
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Company: Spark Energy, LP
Title: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Department(s): Financial Planning & Analysis
Reports to: Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
FSLA Status: Exempt
Via Renewables was founded as Spark Energy in 1999 in Houston, Texas, and quickly became one of the pioneers of the retail energy industry. Since then, it has been established as one of the most dependable and trusted electricity providers and natural gas companies in the country, serving customers in 94 utilities across 19 states. Led by increased consumer demand for renewable power, Via Renewables has enhanced its renewable and carbon neutral energy plans to align with evolving customer needs. Its mission is to become a market-leading provider of sustainable energy and to develop renewable resources including solar, hydro, and battery technology.
We are currently seeking an experienced Manager of Financial Planning & Analytics for our Financial Planning & Analysis team. This position will provide detailed analytics associated with quarterly planning cycles, monthly performance assessments, dashboards and other ad hoc requests.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare quarterly planning files and associated reports
- Create robust financial models for decision support, bank projections, and ROI analysis
- Prepare various ad hoc analytics, including new market entry, hedging, retention strategy, etc.
- Develop various management reports, dashboards, presentations and other special projects
- Establish and track monthly gross margin estimates for all markets, and highlight issues real-time, providing guidance to the Accounting team during monthly financial close
- Effectively and efficiently communicate historical and forecasted gross margin capture relative to plan, with detailed analytics and explanations, and propose changes where improvements are needed
- Support financial analytics for non-retail related entities
- Support the creation and maintenance of a detailed customer valuation tool for the retail business
- Liaison between the Financial Planning and Analysis team and other essential teams within the retail business
- Required – Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related field required
- Required – 3-5 years energy experience required, retail energy experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of the retail energy gross margin lifecycle
- MBA preferred
- Exceptional Excel and financial modeling skills
- Strong computer skills, including PowerPoint
- Write queries in Access and SQL Server, and write and edit VBA scripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player
Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
Could involve some lifting up to 20 pounds.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time without much movement.
Ability to work in time-sensitive environment with non-flexible deadlines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Via Renewables is an equal opportunity employer.