INTERNATIONAL SPECTRUM POLICY MANAGER
Washington, DC, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTERNATIONAL SPECTRUM POLICY MANAGER
Starlink will provide high-speed broadband around the world. Telecommunication is a heavily regulated business and this position will direct SpaceX advocacy to ensure these regulations enable and protect the provision of this ground-breaking service. As a member of the Starlink Policy Team, you will manage the policy environment for a robust portfolio of countries and/or regions to enable Starlink to serve people and enterprises around the world in the near future.
- Develop and advocate for broadband and spectrum policies that will further SpaceX’s business objectives and Starlink’s success internationally.
- Represent and promote the company positions before foreign administrations, regulators, legislatures, and regional organizations.
- Draft pleadings, letters, and other advocacy pieces to promote SpaceX’s policy positions.
- Contribute to company satellite spectrum policy and outreach activities with international government officials at all levels.
- Support outreach activities with international governments.
- Support efforts to shape international government subsidy programs.
- Direct regulatory practice to secure necessary licenses, regulatory compliance, and customer support for all SpaceX spacecraft, earth stations, and services for the Starlink program.
- Develop and administer regulatory licensing application preparation, pursuit, and compliance requirements for system and service licensing.
- Provide strategic regulatory advice and advocacy support to business development efforts.
- Advocate to optimize prospective satellite and telecoms regulatory frameworks and policy environments in alignment with SpaceX business objectives.
- Contribute to company satellite spectrum policy and outreach activities internationally.
- Provide strategic regulatory advice and advocacy support to business development efforts, which may include:
- Opportunities for regional/national partnerships.
- Global satellite expansion plans in support of the business strategy for new satellite market requirements and new service offerings initiatives.
- Juris Doctor degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the telecommunications sector.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of broadband policy.
- Understanding of spectrum use and policies.
- Knowledge of radiofrequency spectrum technology.
- Knowledge of key commercial and government players in the telecommunications/broadband industry.
- Experience with international telecommunication/broadband policy.
- Willingness to travel approximately 40% of time.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.