The Role: Global ESG Digital Strategy Lead
The Location: New York, NY or London, UK
The Grade: (for internal use only): G11
The S&P Global Sustainable1 ESG marketing team is a new team, founded to build awareness of S&P Global’s in-depth ESG intelligence providing financial institutions, corporations and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. As part of the new ESG organization – with strong partnership to the business divisions and enterprise marketing team – we focus on providing value to clients, building our brand awareness, and driving front-end pipeline. We value teamwork, drive ideas with data, and execute in a meaningful and inclusive way to our internal stakeholders and external clients. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. It is crucial that you thrive in a fast-paced, performance-based culture to be successful within our organization.
S&P Global Sustainable1 ESG digital strategy lead will be responsible for developing and managing the Sustainable1 website and digital presence to raise brand awareness and drive lead flow. The role will work under the direction of the Global Head of ESG Marketing, and in partnership with marketing team stakeholders (including content, demand generations, events and marketing) as well as commercial partners and marketing colleagues form across S&P Global business divisions, to deliver the strategic website vision, identify new opportunities to grow the Sustainable1 digital profile, and achieve digital advertising goals.
What’s in it for you?
• Work on a new ESG marketing team, as part of a Fortune 500 company that is over 150 years old
• Establish S&P Global’s ‘one voice’ ESG solutions portfolio and thought leadership program
• Develop highly visible, creative digital strategy to inform the transition to a sustainable future
• Fine tune a multi-channel digital marketing approach to maximize marketing reach
• Cultivate partnerships and explore innovation opportunities
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $74.4k – 154.4k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
• Website – design and deliver website improvement programs to enhance the visitor experience, optimize the digital ESG journey across multiple digital properties and produce the premier ESG education hub to accelerate the transition to a low carbon, sustainable and equitable future taking into consideration the different information needs of regions, segments and persona.
• Digital profile – pursue opportunities to enhance the digital profile through market partnerships, and content sharing
• Digital reporting – establish the digital marketing scorecard and provide appropriate visibility and education to business stakeholders
• Digital marketing – guide the development of initiatives for SEO, SEM, Display, and Social, in both organic and paid channels, partnering with the marketing team to advocate for best practices, attribution, reporting, and smart budget allocation.
What We’re Looking For:
The ideal candidate will possess strategic digital marketing experience and demonstrate a keen interest in accelerating the transition to a low carbon, sustainable and equitable future. Strong written and communication skills are critical, as is the ability to be a strong individual leader and contributor. The candidate must demonstrate their ability to deliver a top quality client experience alongside strong attention to the details. Deep expertise with technical platforms such as CrownPeak, Adobe, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; 5 years+ digital marketing experience
• Advanced knowledge of technical platforms (CrownPeak, Adobe), technologies, trends, and web analytics systems (Omniture, GA)
• Strategic-minded with a strong analytical capability
• Knowledge of digital marketing channels used to build B2B marketing campaigns
• Strong presentation skills and written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and changeable environment
• Ability to collaborate with others beyond one’s reporting line
• Understanding of financial markets and business environment including implications to S&Ps analytical products and services is a plus.
• Customer service oriented, highly organized, and has a high sense of urgency.
• Experience with collaboration in a team oriented, global, and multi-cultural environment.
About S&P Global Sustainable1
S&P Global Sustainable1 is the central source for sustainably intelligence from S&P Global. Sustainable1 matches customers with the ESG products, insights and solutions from across S&P Global’s divisions to help meet their unique needs. Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in-depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. Our data and well-informed point of view on critical topics like energy transition, climate resilience, positive impact and sustainable finance allow us to go deep on the details that define the big picture so customers can make decisions with conviction. To learn more about Sustainable1, visit www.spglobal.com/sustainable1.
About S&P Global
S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets, offering ESG solutions, deep data and insights on critical economic, market and business factors. We’ve been providing essential intelligence that unlocks opportunity, fosters growth and accelerates progress for more than 160 years. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), MRKTNG202.2 – Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 265566
Location: Virtual, New York, United States