Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Job Title: Business Analyst
Department: TCAS FP&A (1391)
Location: Carrollton, GA
Report To: Director, Finance, TCAS FP&A
The Business Systems Analyst requires extensive problem-solving experience to gather requirements and develop reporting solutions that include (but are not limited to) complex reports, dashboards and data mining, data collection and analysis documentation, and report-out activities. Strong communication skills are required to provide and interpret the flow of information to TCAS leadership, the position is key to the design and delivery of high impact business analytics.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain TCAS performance reporting across the business unit by automating manual analytics, combining reports from different sources, streamlining and reducing redundant analytics, provide recurring reports as well as new reports as needed.
- Provide structure, training and support of business reporting tools across functional areas.
- Provide timely, insightful, and relevant analysis of business results to support decision making as well as the generation of forecasts.
- Utilize analytical capabilities to mine areas of the business and drive behavior that has the highest possible impact on the company’s bottom line.
- Capable of working in a timeline driven environment while providing accurate information.
- Define and document business, financial, operations requirements and system goals.
- Assist, as needed, with other projects, processes or tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or another analytical discipline required. CFA, MBA a plus.
- Experience and solid understanding of financial measurement concepts and practices.
- Strong analytical and computer skills required. Excel super user (pivot tables, VLookups, macros, ability to manage large amounts of data). High level proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
- A high degree of knowledge of Southwire financial systems a plus. Experience and comfort working with financial systems required.
- Experience using SAP, BPC, SAC and BI/Advanced Analysis systems required.
- Highly motivated, results-driven self-starter with good organizational skills, keen focus on details, proven ability to meet tight deadlines and to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of personnel across various functions.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as required to meet deadlines.
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.