Sony Corporation of America , located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Group Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony’s principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Publishing and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com/en .
The Senior Analyst, Risk Management position reports to the Director, Risk Management, and is responsible for aiding in the administration of Sony’s insurance programs. The position involves evaluating insurance related data to assist department personnel in the establishment of global insurance programs, claims administration, premium budgets and policy administration.
The position interfaces mostly with the financial and legal senior management internally and insurance brokers and insurance carriers externally to determine and evaluate each company’s risk exposure.
- Lead and assist in special projects as needed.
- Assist in gathering, organizing, analyzing and distributing risk exposure data to insurance underwriters for their coverage evaluation and placement of coverage.
- Develop market submissions and provide to insurance brokers/underwriters for their coverage evaluation and placement of coverage.
- Coordinate analysis of exposures with actuaries, brokers, and underwriters for their coverage evaluation and placement options.
- Assist and take the lead in the negotiation of insurance programs including pricing and terms and conditions as needed.
- Coordinate renewal presentations for brokers and underwriters involving senior management when necessary.
- Review limit exhaustions and insurance policy deductibles to develop and distribute metrics-based reports.
- Communicate risk management programs and philosophies effectively to key management within the organization.
- Review of insurance program specifications, quotations and binders for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for coordinating, analyzing and compiling data relative to insurance audits (i.e., workers’ compensation, general liability).
- Review insurance carrier and insurance broker invoices and process for payment.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of an effective premium allocation system for the Sony business units.
- Maintain comprehensive and complete schedules of insurance.
- Monitor progress of insurance carriers’ claim administration. Secure information from Sony business units to assist in concluding claims with insurers as quickly as possible.
- Assist in the analysis of loss information to identify trends for loss prevention purposes.
- Assist in the review of contractual indemnification and administration of insurance documentation requirements.
- Review all insurance carrier property/casualty loss control recommendations. Discuss with appropriate department personnel any items that need department intervention.
- Review insurance policies for completeness and accuracy. Follow-up when needed to obtain policies and endorsements.
- Assist and take the lead in the evaluation of insurance coverage requirements for new business acquisitions and/or joint ventures. Assist in placement of coverage.
- Develop and present recommendations to management and implement process changes and improvements upon approval.
- Assist in the development and distribution of various Management Information Reports to all participating companies to inform and educate as to their individual and group results regarding claims, premium allocation and general insurance program information.
- Help to maintain a strong relationship and open communication with each Sony business segment to ensure that they are aware of risk management policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison and manage relationships between insurance broker, insurance carriers and third-party administrators.
- Visit facilities to review operations, advise management of applicable insurance programs and/or review insurance company safety/loss prevention recommendations.
- Assist in due diligence on various types of transactions (mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and/or other types).
Qualifications For Position
- Minimum Seven (7) years related risk management and/or insurance/brokerage experience and/or training.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
- ARM, CPCU and/or Property & Casualty Broker License preferred.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through on multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of insurance and risk management principles.
- Working knowledge of various computer software (Word, Excel and Power Point) with ability to create reports.
- Team oriented.
- Minimal travel.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Senior Director/Director, Risk Management (Positions (A) and (B))
- Not Applicable
- Legal/Litigation, Contract Administration, Controllers, CFOs, Finance/Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Internal Audit, Procurement, Logistics, Transportation, Real Estate, Events, Sales & Marketing, Environmental, Safety & Health, Operations, Security, Compliance, Facilities, Business Affairs, TV & MP Production Groups, Corporate Communications, Human Resources/P&O, Benefits, Travel Group, Medical and/or Aviation in Sony Corporation of America, Sony Group companies and/or Sony Corporation.
- External insurance brokers, insurance companies, reinsurance carriers, outside law firms, third party claims administrators, forensic accountants, ergonomic consultants, physicians/nurses, vendors, contractors, third party production companies, studios, government agencies, landlords, insurance commissioners, and/or peer risk management groups.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.