Senior Manager, Hospital Labs- Sign On Bonus!
East Morgan County Hosp (2400 W Edison)
Gen Lab-East Morgan County
Primary Location Salary Range:
$36.75/hr – $61.25/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado’s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Sign-on bonus available for this position!
Laboratory Sciences of AZ and Sonora Quest Labs partner with Banner Health to provide comprehensive laboratory services in all six states where Banner Health operates.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Sonora Quest Laboratories/Laboratory Sciences of Arizona. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management or Sales Incentive Programs as part of your Total Rewards package.
This position is accountable for leading, managing and directing assigned responsibilities and functions that contribute to the operational and financial success of the hospital clinical laboratory.
1. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations. Develops work goals and objectives for the hospital laboratory in accordance and alignment with company (LSA/SQL and Banner Health) goals; provides leadership, measures and feedback, and motivation for staff achievement of departmental goals.
2. Directs, facilitates and/or participates in task forces or councils to plan, implement/execute and coordinate programs and/or activities for the organization. Demonstrates and practices LSA/SQL values and ethical behaviors and Banner Health Performance Standards.
3. Directs the operations and management of the work flow process in alignment with LSA/SQL’s Roadmap objectives and Banner Health’s Strategic Initiatives. Develops and reviews performance metrics and promotes and participates in Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt Teams to ensure quality care. Accountable for the laboratory maintaining accreditation, licensure and regulatory compliance with all applicable agencies. Ensures laboratory is compliant with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
4. Develops and oversees the laboratory budget in conjunction with hospital and integrated laboratory goals and objectives. Effectively manages resources to meet budgeted parameters. Focuses on all expenses and analyzes and communicates budget variances.
5. Serves as a communication liaison for the Integrated Laboratory System. Interacts with physicians, nurses, clients, system staff, all employees of the company and other healthcare professionals. Effectively communicates concerning technical and operational issues, as applicable, using appropriate verbal and written skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of quality control and quality assurance applications, problem solving, instrument operation and maintenance, troubleshooting, and laboratory test result correlation. Effectively communicates concerning technical and operational issues, as applicable, using appropriate verbal and written skills.
- Extensive business acumen and ability to review financial documents, draw conclusions, and make necessary changes to meet financial goals.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and analytical/strategic skills.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health care administration or related field.
- Certification as a medical technologist under ASCP, NCA or equivalent as defined under CLIA ’88 regulations.
- Three (3) years’ experience as a department supervisor or manager.
- A significant understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures of different software programs.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
- Green Belt Certification
- Additional related education and/or experience