The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) is an independent, international, nonprofit organization devoted to the advancement of interdisciplinary research in the social sciences through a wide variety of workshops and conferences, fellowships and grants, summer training institutes, scholarly exchanges, research, and publications. For more information, please visit our website: www.ssrc.org.
The Conflict Prevention and Peace Forum (CPPF) is looking for an intern for the fall semester to assist with research, logistics, and administrative tasks. Fluency in Spanish and a background in international affairs and/or other area studies related to CPPF’s work with a focus on Latin American studies is required.
The internship will last approximately 12 weeks. The time commitment is 15 hours per week based on a mutually agreed schedule. You will work remotely under the direct supervision of the senior program officer and in close coordination with the program associates. A monthly stipend of $400 will be provided.
Duties for this internship include a diverse range of tasks with a focus on Latin America and the Caribbean. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Research geographic and thematic areas of CPPF’s work, especially the SSRC’s projects on China and the Global South
- Gather news information and diverse perspectives in preparation for CPPF workshops
- Prepare written media round-ups on these issues; present findings and facilitate discussion with CPPF team members on countries and issues of work
- Assist with the administrative and logistical planning of CPPF meetings, take verbatim notes, and provide feedback to the team
- Attend external workshops, both UN and non-UN, on geographic and thematic issues relevant to CPPF’s work, and provide written/ oral summaries to CPPF
- Support CPPF’s publication processes through copy-editing and preparation of outputs
- Undergraduate or graduate students with a focus on Latin American studies
- Fluency in Spanish required
- Exceptional writing and communication skills in English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Team player with demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and respond flexibly to changing demands
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Zoom, internet search)
Please submit your application materials through our website job posting at https://www.ssrc.org/about/employment/. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The Social Science Research Council is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunity and to cultivating and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. SSRC maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with the Council are made on the basis of competence, skill and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, creed, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin/ancestry, ethnicity, age, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partner status, medical conditions (including pregnancy and/or genetic information) or physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other categories prohibited by law.