Pulled from the full job description
Opportunities for advancement
Full Job Description
SMCP – Sandro, Maje, Claudie Pierlot
SMCP USA Inc. (Sandro, Maje and Claudie Pierlot) seeks a dynamic, enthusiastic, detail-oriented intern to support our Buying Department. This is a paid internship which starts in early Jan 2021 and runs until the end of June 2021.
This is an exciting, hands-on opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing French retail group in the affordable luxury sector.
Position Description: Assisting with day to day operations of the buying team
- Assist with generating sales reports and ad-hoc analysis on a weekly basis
- Assist Buyers with Market Prep & Assortment Building
- Assist Buyers with creating Storytelling Assets: Product Knowledge, Product Pushes, Gift Guides, etc.
- Create Competitive Market & Trend analyses
- Engage and collaborate with cross functional departments (Ecommerce, Marketing, PR, Visual Merchandising, and other departments as needed)
- Provide administrative and other ad hoc support as needed
- 1-2 years of Buying Experience/Internship preferred
- Basic understanding of Retail buying principles and Market Landscapes
- Enthusiastic team player with a problem solving, can-do attitude
- Must be resourceful, proactive, organized, detail-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (Vlookup, Pivot, & Graphs), PowerPoint and strong analytical capability
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized manner, prioritize and meet tight deadlines concurrently
- French speaking is a plus
- Candidates should be available full time, 5 days a week
- US work visa required
KEY PERKS + BENEFITS
- Fun/collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Career growth opportunities for advancement
- Generous shopping discount
WHO WE ARE…
Since our U.S. debut in 2011, SMCP (Sandro/Maje/Claudie Pierlot) has masterfully led the way in the affordable luxury space across North America boasting a total of 164 points of distribution consisting of free-standing boutiques, shop-in-shop partnerships, and outlet in key metropolitan markets. A global Company based in Paris and located in 41 countries, there is a real buzz in the industry around our ability to report consistent like-for-like increases and by our ability to double in size every 3 years. This has been effectively accomplished by incorporating a business model that blends elements of luxury and fast fashion to provide accessible luxury, aggressive retail development, rapid replenishment, focus on full-price selling, and maintaining the distinct identities of our three brands. If you possess the profile that we are seeking and would be interested in joining us on our exciting journey as we ramp up and grow, we would love to chat with you!