SLR is rapidly growing its Global Climate team which works with a wide range of clients to help them navigate the transition to a low carbon economy and confront the challenges that a changing climate presents. In particular, the SLR Global Climate team is supporting investors and companies to develop strategies aligned to the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), which is fast becoming the de facto global standard for setting climate change strategy. The TCFD framework translates the complexities of climate change into actionable steps for businesses.
The work carried out by the team typically involves helping companies to identify climate-related risks and opportunities, propose risk mitigation measures and help explore climate-related opportunities, perform climate scenario analysis to stress-test resilience and inform strategic planning, developing financial modelling tools to translate the impacts of climate change into financial metrics and business planning decisions, and engagement with different stakeholders across the businesses, e.g., through workshops.
We are looking for candidates to join the team with the necessary skillsets to be good consultants: the ability to listen and respond to client needs; to be well organised and able to work efficiently under pressure while maintaining a healthy work-life balance; to be capable of taking the initiative; to be confident presenting to clients; and above all to be passionate about helping organisations and individuals take action to mitigate climate change and adapt to the challenges a changing climate will present.
This is an excellent opportunity for a consultant who has developed some experience within a consultancy based role post-graduation and is looking for the next step in their career.
The SLR Global Climate team is a ‘virtual team’ with members located in different locations across Europe. Candidates have the potential to be located in any country where SLR has a base which includes the UK, Ireland, France and Germany (see our https://www.slrconsulting.com/about-us/our-locations for local offices).
SLR are global leaders in environmental and advisory solutions helping our clients achieve their sustainability goals. We are a consultancy with over 1800 staff across 5 regions – including over 600 staff across Europe. SLR’s ‘one team’ culture is at the heart of our business; providing a collaborative and supportive environment for professional development. Along with competitive salaries, our staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including a company pension and healthcare offering, travel and life insurance, critical illness cover and a structured career framework with regular reviews offering outstanding opportunities for progression. Alongside 25 day’s annual leave, SLR offer agile working which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core hours, and our family friendly policies help balance the needs of professional and family life.
SLR will close the role when we have received a sufficient number of applications, so please do not delay in applying for the position.
To apply for this position please submit your application at: www.slrconsulting.com/careers. SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR’s intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
• Experience of Sustainability, Climate Change, Carbon Accounting and/or Consulting is strongly preferred.
• Relevant degree (or higher) level qualification, or relevant industry experience.
• Confident team player, able to develop new ideas and challenge conventional thinking, and with the experience/ desire to support junior team members integrate & develop.
• Excellent time and project management skills.
• Great attention to detail, and confidence working with large datasets and excel models.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally with experience of performing a client-facing consulting, sales, account management or relationship management role, or similar.
• Excellent research capabilities, and capable of taking the initiative.
• Strong excel and PowerPoint skills preferred.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supporting projects with clients to identify how climate change presents risks and opportunities to their business operations.
• Delivering work on client projects, this will involve strong project management and strong collaboration with other members of the team to deliver results. Projects will be varied, but in general, we are advising clients on adopting effective climate strategies.
• Performing various research tasks, e.g., researching client competitors to understand best practice, locating climate data and information to help inform client project work etc.
• Producing presentations to communicate research and analysis effectively back to the client; presenting to the client.
• Building complex models in excel and working with clients to integrate financial models that overlay climate impacts onto existing client business planning processes/financial models with the objective of helping business decision-makers understand the impacts of climate change.
• Writing proposals for clients to deliver climate change strategic advisory services.
• Supporting on the development of proposal, pitches & new business opportunities, with guidance from senior team members.
• Supporting colleagues in identifying opportunities to provide services to new or existing clients and pursuing those opportunities with support from colleagues, including business development related activities such as organising meetings with prospective clients, managing client relationships etc.
• Working with colleagues to develop new & existing services in the climate change.