Who are we?
SJR is the 2020 Content Marketing Institute’s Agency of the Year. We’re the first, and still the best, end-to-end content consultants. We believe in the power of transformative content and have an unparalleled group of talent that make content marketing differently. We combine journalistic rigor with creative intelligence then amplify all that editorial heritage and creative flair with technology to sharpen the conversation, decode complexity, transfer knowledge and build trust.
We are looking for passionate innovators, disruptors and content marketers to join our team, voted Most Innovative Culture by Digiday.
Who we are looking for:
An Account Manager with content marketing experience and a genuine passion for shaping a culture of technology understanding, curiosity and adoption. We work to embed technology in everything we do, with data and insights a key contributor to the future of content creation.
The ideal candidate serves as key player over several disciplines including strategy, creative, data and insights, and content and web development. You are an exceptional multi-tasker with the ability to implement day-to-day account operations and maintain an organized workflow. In this role, you’ll work hand in hand with your Client Services and Technology colleagues to drive the application of technologies on key accounts and deliver creative content solutions that address clients’ specific business challenges. You are comfortable embedding your thinking and value – sometimes leading the conversation with clients, and sometimes playing supporting actor to your Account Director and Managing Director.
This is an exciting time to join the world’s leading content marketing agency, working alongside a talented team and cultivating a portfolio of excellent work.
Who you are:
- Content Marketer. You’re excited about bringing original and untold stories to life that inspire and delight and understand the elements and formats that go into brand journalism.
- Project Manager. You’re experienced in managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Data-Minded. You’re always tying data & insights back to strategy and you view technology as a tool that can drive creativity.
- Self-driven. You’re proactive, energetic and motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Utility Player. You’re ready to jump in and make it all happen for your clients and colleagues.
What you’ll do:
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, by anticipating challenges, owning status trackers, ensuring deadline and budget adherence.
- Provide updates by scheduling, organizing and participating regularly scheduled status meetings with internal team(s) and clients.
- Participate in creative ideation and brainstorm sessions, and contribute to the creation of compelling content, as well as assisting with new business pitches.
- Write up social and short form copy and source images for creative ideas for client presentations.
- Work closely with the Technology team to define and build a scalable performance measurement system for the agency.
- Translate discrete data sets and patterns into meaningful, human insights that others can build on.
- Work closely with other departments including Creative, Production and Analytics & Insights to maximize opportunities and productivity of the Client Services team.
- Develop a thorough expertise of agency content marketing service offerings and apply this understanding to identifying opportunities for organic growth within existing clients.
- Actively contribute to the collective learnings and development of the team and the company.
- Stay on top of the latest cultural and digital trends and apply your growing knowledge and skills to content strategy.
What you’ll bring:
We’d like you to tick as many of the below off as possible but remember that you don’t have to match 100% of these bullets – we’re looking for a unicorn and as such “unusual” shapes of person and profile are welcome.
- 3-5 years of digital content experience or account management; agency-based preferred
- Possess a strong understanding of and enthusiasm for storytelling and communicating brand stories
- Ambitious with a strong willingness to learn and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Outstanding verbal and written skills — ability to deliver written materials error-free, grammatically correct and on time
- Possess both analytical and creative thinking skills, key to developing innovative thought processes and strategic communication plans
- Ability to manage high volume, high-velocity pipeline; meticulous, organized, technical and creative at the same time — able to deliver high-quality work on tight deadlines
- Ability to connect and collaborate with a wide variety of people (an interdisciplinary team)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Keynote
- A positive, upbeat attitude!