Full Job Description
BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world’s most innovative companies, you know you’re making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They’re the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients’ world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
Silicon Valley Bank serves some of the most innovative companies in the world. Our clients are forward thinkers. True believers. Optimists. Inspired by them, we’re changing the face of banking. Our clients have redefined products in many areas of the global economy, and every day we power their ability to do so. And we need leaders with the same can-do attitude as our clients. We’re looking for creative thinkers who want to challenge the status quo and create a truly seamless digital banking experience on a global scale.
Reporting into the FX Product Division, the Sr. Product Manager (Regulatory Compliance) will be responsible for contributing towards a strategy and roadmap that supports the SVB FX business growth whilst ensuring our ongoing compliance with regulations such as but not limited to Dodd Frank, MIFID and EMIR,
You will assist in providing strategic vision for the product suite and be responsible for the development and execution of new initiatives through a lens of regulatory compliance with the aim of improving our offering and enhance the way our clients interact with us.
You will stay current with developments in the regulatory space as it pertains to the Global SVB business and lead transformational regulatory change in a strategic best-in-class manner that is scalable and built for our future business needs.
You will help define overall product strategy and drive execution while focused on regulatory compliance, client experience and scalability. You will collaborate closely with teams across the organization to grow and manage the business. Critical partners include legal, compliance, IT, analytics, risk, operations, service, sales, FX traders, channel and implementations.
- Conducting an impact analysis of changes in rules, market trends and regulations and ability to have those reflected in internal procedures and guidelines
- Supporting internal and external regulatory change assessments while working with control partners to ensure their feedback is assessed, adopted and implemented
- Help define and execute FX and IRD business strategy
- Make decisions with input from stakeholders on improvement product offering and processes
- Assist in setting the product strategy and define product roadmap. Work with partners and executives to ensure understanding and build alignment in support of business initiatives.
- Work to establish a regulatory framework within FX product organization that supports the business as it grows to become a CFTC Swap Dealer
- Owning periodic Product Reviews and overseeing regulatory compliance as well as adhering to operating model and ownership of regulatory impacts
- Leading technical and procedural change to support the growth of the business
- Recommend enhancements and work with IT to prioritize to stimulate sales and meet client objectives
- Support the Sales and Relationship Managers and act as ambassador for the foreign exchange and cross-border payments business
- Help drive change within organization to improve the way clients interact with SVB and grow business
Forbes Magazine ranks SVB among America’s Best Banks (#5) and Fortune considered SVB one of the best places to work
- BS/BA Degree; MBA a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in banking or financial services, with a focus in Payment product expertise: Cross Border Payments, Start Up businesses, Transaction Processing, FX
- Deep understanding of Risk and Controls in a highly regulated environment with the ability to drive change in this space
- Clear understanding of product management and its role within a banking/financial services context
- Demonstrated understanding of industry, technology, marketing, and product trends, including Foreign Exchange
- Passion for driving toward an excellent client experience
- Passionate advocate with ability to identify and fulfill customer needs
- Ability to positively negotiate, influence others and maintain effective business relationships with sales and other functional partners
- High degree of professionalism with the ability to influence and effect change within an organization
- Creative, strategic thinker with outstanding business acumen and breadth of vision
- Exceptional ability to think analytically coupled with strong written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications/presentation
- Proven track record of owning and delivering projects and/or initiatives
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation, relationship building, and influencing skill
- Microsoft office suite, including strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
© 2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank is authorised and regulated by the California Department of Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank; authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number 577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.