Full Job Description
The Conflicts Analyst is a member of the Conflicts & New Business Intake team, which is responsible for performing global conflicts checks, client due diligence and securities transactions requests for all of our domestic and international offices.
Successful incumbents must work well under pressure, respond in a timely manner to all requests, effectively manage competing priorities and consistently deliver high quality results. This position will routinely communicate with partners, other lawyers and business staff at all levels of the firm.
- Provide partners with meaningful and concise conflicts reports with analytical reviews for their final approval
- Identify potential conflicts issues and assist in conflicts resolutions.
- Perform corporate research on all entities provided in the conflicts check request.
- Respond to inquiries about the context of conflicts reports and provide guidance to partners in interpreting this information.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of the new business intake workflow and the conflicts database by verifying information on the new client/matter forms.
- Generate all conflicts reports and reports for audit requests.
- Coordinate the running of large-scale conflicts checks and other special projects.
- Provide World Check One reports upon request.
- Assist Conflicts Attorneys with corporate research requests.
- Assist with ad hoc requests, as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent database searching and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to write clear and professional business communications, including email, memos and instant messages.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently.
- Knowledge of D&B Family Tree, Hoover’s, Capital IQ, World Check, and/or LegalKey a plus.
Education & Experience
- College degree required.
- 2-4 years prior law firm experience.
- Conflicts checking experience required.
Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
- Flexibility to cover weekend shifts on a work-from-home basis as needed.
- Flexibility to work outside standard business hours as needed.