Information Security Analyst – GRC
Stevens Point, WI
Information Security Analyst – GRC
At Sentry, we have Information Security Analysts who help move our company forward by focusing on Governance, Risk and Compliance. Our IS Analysts conduct assessments to review security and IT controls, test their effectiveness, and evaluate the organization’s compliance with policies and standards.
In this position, you’ll be responsible for working on day-to-day Information Security compliance, governance, and risk management functions with particular focus on the development and testing of Information security controls. Familiarity with industry, security standards, and regulations are highly desired given this role’s focus on overseeing the governance of various security standards, policies, and procedures.
This position can be filled as an Associate Information Security Analyst GRC or an Information Security Analyst GRC, based on the candidate’s related skills and qualifications.
This position will be located at our Stevens Point, WI headquarters.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with others to manage the lifecycle of Sentry’s security policies and standards, including maintaining an understanding of and alignment with cybersecurity regulations and frameworks.
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to build information security controls and associated governance processes that manage risk and drive compliance to Sentry’s policies, standards, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Lead in developing control assessment workflows to enable a “test once, use many times” strategy for information security and IT self-assessment.
- Participate in security assessments, including interviewing stakeholders, gathering data, analyzing the effectiveness of controls, and evaluating control gaps and risks.
- Communicate assessment findings to impacted parties and collaborate on mitigation strategies, including compensating controls or policy modifications, to improve overall security posture.
- Leverage Sentry’s GRC platform and other analytical tools to test security controls and confirm compliance.
- Track and analyze emerging security trends, issues, and regulations, and assess their impact to Sentry’s Information Security control structure.
- Accurately communicate evidence and information on the compliance and effectiveness of Sentry’s security program to internal and external stakeholders in collaboration with IT, Legal, Internal Audit, and external examiners.
- Advise internal customers on aligning business processes and goals with information security requirements.
- Participate in creating content and assist with internal communication related to the Information Security Awareness Program.
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field preferred
- 2+ years of related work experience in Information Security, IS or IT Auditing, or Governance, Risk, and Compliance preferred
- Experience with compliance regulations and best-practice frameworks (e.g., NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulation, HIPAA, SSAE18 – SOC 1, PCI, ISO 27001/2)
- Ability to work towards or has achieved at least one information security certification – CISA, CRISC, CISSP, PCI ISA, Security+, etc.
- Knowledgeable in a diverse set of technical IT and security tools and platforms
- Able to work independently as part of a diverse, distributed team
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate security governance, compliance, and risk concepts to audiences with varying levels of experience and knowledge
- Proficiency managing multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Commitment to professional and ethical conduct
What You’ll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to return to the office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!