This position affords an immediate opportunity to apply analytical, problem-solving and communication skills. The Intern is an integral member of the practice and will be exposed to assignments that will develop understanding of the multiemployer consulting environment and the broad range of actuarial services we provide to our multiemployer clients.
- The Intern will collaborate closely with members of the retirement practice. Specific responsibilities include (but will not be limited to):
- Proofreading of valuation reports
- Provide support to our ongoing actuarial valuation projects and related non-valuation assignments under the supervision of experienced actuaries
- Inputting data to spreadsheets, preparation of government filings, researching or gathering information, performing benefit calculations and withdrawal liability calculations and being involved in QDRO calculations.
- Provide support to the Administration Group, on special projects or case assignments, as needed.
- We are seeking a highly skilled candidate who is an Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics major (or a related discipline).
- Must be detail-oriented, have a strong work ethic, take initiative
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of people
- Excellent computer and software skills (through familiarity with Microsoft Office applications specifically Word, Excel and Access).
Affirmative Action/Diversity Inclusion At Segal
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
Consulting – Actuarial
Sep 23, 2021, 10:20:18 AM