$58,000 – $60,000 a year
Number of hires for this role
Full Job Description
SEEDS envisions a future in which all individuals, organizations, and communities recognize conflict as an opportunity for positive growth and have the skills and capacity to engage in effective dialogue and promote peaceful resolution of interpersonal and intergroup challenges and conflicts.
SEEDS is a professional service organization that offers a range of skilled conflict transformation services to residents, governments, businesses, school districts, and communities throughout the Bay Area. We have an excellent reputation for supplying high quality programs across the Bay Area for over 30 years.
Join a dynamic, highly communicative, and collaborative team committed to providing brave spaces, services, and capacity building to bring people together across differences. The Mediation Case Supervisor plays a key role to the success of SEEDS’ foundational programs. As the anchor for SEEDS’ longest standing community program, this role is responsible for all aspects of each community mediation case and the program support needed to ensure high quality service.
Reporting Structure: Reports to Community Programs Manager. Supervises case development, mediation and community restorative justice volunteers. Participates in Office Management Team.
In this position, you will:
Manage Mediation and Community Conflict Cases
- Oversee cases from case intake through follow-up (intake, case development, case management, mediator assignment, mediation implementation, evaluation and follow-up).
- Conduct case intake & referrals: Speak with and educate potential clients about Community Mediation services; assess appropriateness for mediation; utilize active listening skills; gather pertinent demographic information
- Ensure timely and accurate case data entry
- Quality and consistency assurance
*Manage Volunteer Program
- Recruit, interview, train, support, engage, appreciate and evaluate volunteer pool
- Manage volunteer application, onboarding, and engagement process
- Develop and refine all volunteer support materials, processes, etc.
- Implement and grow volunteer quality assurance
- Maintain strong communication with volunteers
- Manage case development office including schedule, environment, etc.
- Coach/train volunteers on conflict transformation skills
- In partnership with Community Programs Manager: Ensure high quality infrastructure, systems, evaluation, and quality assurance for community conflict cases.
- In partnership with Community Programs Manager: Ensure continued program alignment with cultural humility and responsiveness
- Support Restorative Justice program re-integration and development
Community Outreach and Referrals:
- In collaboration with Manager: develop and implement community program outreach plan (including presentations, stakeholder meetings, mailings, newsletters, etc.)
- Maintain referral resources to support all callers with a case not suited for mediation
Office Management Team
- Participate in Office Management team, ensuring all aspects of managing SEEDS main office are attended to
- Answer and triage client calls
- Manage walk-in clients and visitors
Additional projects and duties as assigned
This job is for you if:
- You are located in the Bay Area or willing to relocate
- You speak, read and write in English and Spanish fluently (strongly preferred)
- You love working with people, hearing their stories and serving needs.
- You REALLY have a service mindset, are eager to create client satisfaction, and engage with humility when it comes to working with people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse values.
- You are energized by supporting volunteers and creating a learning and growth opportunity for others
- You enjoy learning new things, learn quickly and can roll with change. You’re open to trying on the “beginner’s mindset” and committed to continuous growth.
- You are a team player with a capacity for both collaboration and independent initiative.
- You are committed to relationship building, restorative communication, moving through difficult conversations, and non-adversarial problem solving.
- You love the details and ensuring you’re using and/or creating the systems needed to ensure nothing falls through the cracks-only the best for our mediation participants.
- You are committed to equity and learning how to exist in today’s current society while moving the needle forward.
- You enjoy problem solving and thinking creatively. You don’t get flustered if you don’t have all the answers. You take initiative until you get what you need.
- You recognize that being a conflict transformation provider is a life-long learning process of addressing your own triggers/activators.
- You have a commitment to self-reflection, self-knowledge, and self-growth so that you can offer better support to the community members we serve.
- You get energized by identifying areas for improvement and growth and thrive on being resourceful and innovative.
- You understand that a non-profit is a business and that our work costs money.
- You have a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and are a go getter.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and flexible with the changing nature of growing organizations.
- You are patient and able to meet people where they are at
Full-time exempt position. Salary $58,000 – $60,000 commensurate with experience. SEEDS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance and 403(b) retirement plan.
We strongly encourage and seek applications from Black, indigenous and people of color, including bilingual and multicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. SEEDS is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, and breastfeeding and related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, marital status, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to jobs [at] seedscrc [dot] org. Position open until filled – applications reviewed starting September 27. *
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $58,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We are currently working remotely.
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19