SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 51st anniversary as a company on April 1, 2021! Our core capabilities are: environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields, redevelopment, site remediation, solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for commercial and industrial clients and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental consulting firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative, and client-focused company and desire dynamic and challenging team-based work, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
To support our ongoing sustainability, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting/verification, and climate change practice, SCS Engineers is looking for a GHG/sustainability specialist to become a long-term asset to our growing practice throughout the US. This individual will be required to complete GHG inventories, verification and validation, prepare climate action and sustainability plans, and other technical work, as well as manage and maintain contact with clients, and manage the schedule and work product performed consistent within SCS’s quality control standards. We are open to them being based in any of our offices throughout the United States. Remote work will also be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- GHG verification under the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Mandatory Reporting Regulation (MRR)
- Cap-and-Trade project verification under CARB’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS)
- GHG reporting under the California and federal GHG Reporting Program (GHGRP)
- GHG and sustainability reporting and validation services under various corporate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) programs.
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) GHG and climate change studies
- Climate Action Plans and Sustainability Plans and Reports.
- Verification/validation technical work may include development of verification/validation plans, risk-based sampling plan development for GHG projects, completing calculations, compiling GHG verification findings logs, reviewing compliance issues, preparing permitting documentation, reviewing data, research, and report writing as well as related services. Work may also include in field activities, such as GHG verification site visits, facility inspections, field meetings on engineering-related issues, collection of samples, etc.
- Other work would include development/preparation of GHG inventories, GHG and sustainability reports, CEQA/NEPA documentation, climate change studies, and related office and field activities
- Employee would also participate in work related to SCS’s overall Air Quality compliance and permitting practice
- Client interaction and preparation of proposals will be required on an as needed basis
- Occasional travel may be required
- Bachelors of Science Degree or higher in Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering, or other Science degree required
- CARB verifier accreditation highly preferred
- 2 to 15 years of related experience in GHG/Sustainability/Air Quality and/or related disciplines required
- Demonstrated knowledge in GHG Inventories and/or Air Quality Compliance required
- Strong communication skills, oral and written (technical)
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing required
- MS Office software, with particular demonstrated skills in MS Excel
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at email@example.com.