2022 Risk Internship Program
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for entrepreneurial students to join our 2022 Risk Internship Program.
Upholding high standards of conduct and protecting our clients’ interests are fundamental to our business. Good governance and risk management are essential, especially when we place great value on our reputation in a world of heightened regulatory and political change.
As part of the Internship Program, you’ll be given training to help you perform to the best of your abilities across our Risk teams.
In this business-critical function, you’ll be working alongside our specialist Risk Managers to oversee that the risks taken through Investment Management activities are appropriate and in line with the Group’s risk appetite, and that, where appropriate, actions are taken to mitigate risk.
Some Day To Day Tasks May Include
- Working with Operational Risk managers to ensure that we learn from any mistakes made.
- Working with Investment Risk managers to oversee the risk taken by Fund Managers in the portfolios they manage.
- Supporting enhancements to current reporting capabilities and development of new risk metrics.
You will work closely with other teams across the Group, particularly those in investment functions and those in governance functions, such as Compliance, Group Internal Audit and Group Legal.
Our 2022 Summer Internship Program starts on Monday June 6, 2021 and runs for 9 weeks ending on Friday August 5, 2022. This Program will provide you with a unique introduction into the investment management industry and how the Risk department operates within it. You’ll be given introductory training and opportunities to network with people across the business.
What You’ll Be Like
- Innovative and analytical – you’re able to think outside the box and bring a fresh perspective
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Willing to get involved in variety of tasks and projects
- Ability to prioritize short-term, medium-term and long-term deliverables
- Passionate about financial markets and understanding global trends and changing regulation
- You have a genuine interest in building a long term career in Risk
- Expertise with Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Prior experience using Bloomberg are coding expertise are helpful.
- Online application form and CV
- Online assessments
- Video interview
- Assessment center
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.