Can you apply creative thinking to large data sets to solve customer business problems using SAS? Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your analytic skills across a wide variety of industries? The SAS Advanced Analytics Lab (AAL) is seeking talented individuals to help our customers bridge the gap between the data they have and the solutions they need.
As a member of the SAS Advanced Analytics Lab (AAL), you will support customer analytic business needs through requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
Your duties will include analyzing large volumes of customer data for accuracy and consistency, translating business requirements into analytic methods, building analytic models, and presenting results. Your duties will also include automating analytic processes, developing and enhancing custom software tools, assisting in quality assurance efforts for all AAL projects, and other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Master’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, operations research, or a related quantitative field
- At least 1 year of experience programming in the SAS System
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve customers’ complex business problems using innovative analytical processes and techniques
- Formal training and experience with data mining and statistical modeling techniques
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain data modeling and other technical concepts in simple terms to business users
- Ability to work independently and with a team environment
- Proven record of handling increasing responsibilities
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Ph.D. degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, operations research, or a related quantitative field
- Two (2) years of experience in data analysis or analytical consulting
- Experience with analytic approaches related to fraud detection
- The ability to attend or lead onsite meetings with clients and prospective clients
- Willing to relocate or currently located in the Cary, NC area
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.