Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
COVID-19 Precaution: Virtual Interviews
Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. Thank you for your interest in Sargent & Lundy.
Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Sargent & Lundy is a worldwide leader in professional services for the electric power industry. Our distinctive capabilities provide domestic and international clients and partners with a thoroughly reliable source of comprehensive expertise. Sargent & Lundy offers challenge, flexibility, competitive salaries and benefits.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
We are seeking to fill a full-time Senior Financial Analyst position.
Essential duties and responsibilities for Senior Financial Analyst include:
- Analyze company’s and business groups’ financial performance
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for the company and business groups
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Compile and analyze large data sets for reporting
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis for various corporate objectives
- Develop financial computer models using spreadsheet and database tools
- Provide assistance to the directors and operations managers in evaluating financial results
- Prepare financial presentations for company management
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Qualifications for this position include:
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics. MBA or work towards MBA preferred
- 3-5 years finance/business experience
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Possesses strong problem-solving abilities, communication skills, and sound business judgment
- Ability to model complex financial problems
- Ability to read and understand financial accounting statements
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Deltek and Vena experience a plus
- SQL and Cognos experience a plus
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.