Ropes & Gray LLP is a preeminent global law firm focused on providing the highest-quality advice on our clients’ critical legal and business issues. Our global team of 2,500 talented professionals regularly helps clients meet high-stakes challenges, solve complex problems and achieve key goals. These colleagues work together across a global office network that includes offices in Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Tokyo and Washington, D.C.
We are a contemporary firm that can bring more than 150 years of legal and institutional history to bear on the challenges clients face in today’s 24/7 global business environment. Our collaborative approach gives our clients—which include many of the world’s most respected companies and institutions—ready access to leading corporate, litigation, transactional and regulatory lawyers whose knowledge and experience span industries and geographies.
With an international presence, we focus on a number of key industries, including private equity; asset management; life sciences and health care; investment banking; technology, media and telecommunications; and consumer and retail. Our clients include global industry leaders, financial institutions, investment firms, private equity firms, hospitals and health care organizations, educational institutions, and individuals.
We have consistently been recognized for our leading practices in many areas, including private equity, M&A, finance, asset management, real estate, tax, antitrust, life sciences, health care, intellectual property, litigation & enforcement, privacy & cybersecurity, and business restructuring.
Ropes & Gray is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity & Inclusion Manager
Our expanding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team is seeking to hire a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager. You will report to and work in collaboration with the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to provide leadership for the processes and systems for the firm’s diversity. equityand inclusion efforts and initiatives. This role is focused on the development and implementation of policies and procedures, particularly in conjunction with the firm’s Women’s Forum and Ropes Multicultural Forum (RMF). Successful candidates will have an interest in, and experience with, diversity, equity and inclusion efforts at a large organization. The ideal candidate is an experienced and passionate self-starter, eager to contribute substantively to building programs, systems and processes for the success of diversity, equity and inclusion efforts and initiatives at Ropes & Gray.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Director of DE&I, determine and define the scope and objectives of either the RMF or Women’s Forum
- Execute policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Develop and manage a detailed program, project, and initiatives schedule and work plan.
- Predict resources needed to reach Forum objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Provide updates on a consistent basis about strategy, adjustments, and progress on Forum initiatives.
- Regularly review the Forum budget and related expenditures
- Project and event/activity planning.
- Occasionally oversee the responses to surveys, RFPs, and client diversity inquiries as well as sponsorship requests.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in operations or project management or related areas preferred; J.D. or advanced degree a plus.
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience required.
- Three to five years at a law firm or professional services firm strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a diversity, equity and inclusion role required.
- Experience in project management, operations, and leadership.
- Understanding of and interest in diversity, equity and inclusion, having had previous experience in a law firm, law school, or other professional setting.
- Prior people management experience a plus.
- Experience in preparing and monitoring a department budget.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Sound judgment and ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly in order to grasp larger concepts as well as details.
- Energetic orientation; driven to and energized by accomplishment.
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; and have the ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
- Ability to anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment in seeking a resolution.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among all levels of an organization, and specifically within the DE&I team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced skill in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements. Firm management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.