Rockaway Initiative for Sustainability & Equity (RISE) a non-profit organization in Far Rockaway, NY that provides enriching youth and community programming, to instill both individual and civic respect for nature, and contribute to advancing the physical, economic, and social sustainability of the Rockaway Peninsula.
RISE is seeking a Development Associate to provide administrative support to the organization to increase individual donations, as well as public and private funding. This is a fast-paced position suited for an individual with drive, enthusiasm, strong work ethic, strong written and oral communications skills, ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment.
The Development Associate will work closely with the Executive Director and Development team to maintain and execute all grant administration, data entry, budget administration and communications with funders; providing administrative support for all RISE programs.
This position is partially remote; some days work can be done from home. This is an excellent opportunity for someone just starting out in the development field and interested in growing with the organization.
- Grant administration of all grant awards; including grant contracts, data entry, tracking grant deliverables and reports.
- Managing proposal submissions to selected government agencies/ foundations
- Maintain hard and electronic copies of grant files/history/databases and spreadsheets that track grant submissions and communications.
- Assist with reporting to funders and routinely reporting on the status of activities and results.
- Assist senior staff with all aspects of communications with funders, individual gift solicitations, including efforts to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors
- Conduct web-based research on prospective foundation funders, corporate sponsors individual donors and prepare related reports
- Develop an understanding of the organization and its goals, programs, initiatives, constituencies in order to articulate its vision to funders
- Manage donor database and tracking system for donor activity
- Maintain year-round grant calendar related to new and renewal proposals
- Prioritize donor interactions and liaise with Development team and Executive Director to identify cultivation and stewardship opportunities for donors
- Coordinate correspondence, mail appeals, and other communications with individual donors and prospects
- Coordinate special events and volunteer fundraising activities
- Along with senior staff, support the Board of Directors and engage Board fundraising
- Respond to funder inquiries and communications in a timely manner
- Assist with related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, collating, and notarizing documents.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and “roll-up-my-sleeves” mentality
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet competing deadlines.
- Able to communicate effectively
- Manage sensitive, confidential information with high integrity;
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills with capacity to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Self-motivated and resourceful with a proactive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and produce high quality work in a timely manner;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Google Docs, and Macintosh and PC platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to foster good working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and task follow-through.
- Detailed oriented record keeping and organization.
- Working knowledge of legal and accounting fundamentals and policies.
- Eagerness to grow with the position as the organization’s needs evolve.
- Knowledge of government and private foundations focused on youth, education and community development preferred
- Possess an interest in advancing educational opportunities in underserved communities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- College degree in writing or administration preferred
- An authentic commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
RISE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume to Executive Director Jeanne DuPont at: email@example.com – No calls please.