About RTP and RTP USA
Based in New York, Right To Play USA is the North American affiliate of Right To Play (RTP). Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
RTP USA provides comprehensive support to RTP around the world by raising awareness about its work to improve the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty and mobilizing resources to support programs. Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and wellbeing. With programming in 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of over two million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom.
About the Position
RTP USA seeks an intern with exceptional writing and research skills to support the Development Team for the fall semester. Reporting to the Director of Development at RTP USA, the intern will work with a small but productive team.
This part-time internship offers a weekly stipend. The ideal candidate will be able to work remotely 10-15 hours per week, preferably in the mornings Monday – Thursday. This internship will begin on September 27, 2021 and will continue for 12 weeks.
- Assist with major gift fundraising efforts, including conducting donor research, preparing meeting briefings, and developing stewardship materials.
- Assist with efforts to create a planned giving program for RTP USA
- Complete basic file management and data entry using SharePoint.
- Support the Development team with fundraising database management, including pulling pipeline reports and inputting and cleaning data.
- Create and tailor donor materials to highlight research and programs
- At least a rising senior or equivalent years of education and/or experience.
- A demonstrated passion for international development and RTP’s mission and nonprofit fundraising.
- An aptitude for research (e.g., curiosity, critical thinking, and the ability to summarize information).
- Excellent writing, grammar, editing, and proofreading skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Deadline and task-oriented.
- Ability to manage tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented (virtual) environment.
- Knowledge preferred of using database systems such as Microsoft CRM or Raisers Edge.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and the Google productivity suite.
How to Apply
To apply, please upload a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (e.g., class paper or another example of writing ability) by September 3rd. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with preference given to early applicants.
RTP USA offers academic credit where permitted.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer. Due to the high volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
RTP USA values a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Details at a Glance
September 27, 2021
December 16, 2021
September 8, 2021
STIPEND / WAGE
$150 per week
HOURS PER WEEK
15 hours per week
Apply to This Internship
To apply, please upload a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (e.g., class paper or another example of writing ability) by September 8th. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with preference given to early applicants.