ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
JOB ID – 9822
JOB LOCATION – US-NY-New York
FUNCTION – Residential Property Leadership
LOCATION NAME – Westminster
Are you seeking an organization that provides phenomenal growth opportunity for those few who embody an entrepreneur spirit? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? We have an amazing career opportunity within our luxury portfolio, Related Rentals, as an Assistant General Manager at our luxury property.
The Assistant General Manager is more specifically responsible for assisting the General Manager in maintaining all aspects of property operations, monitoring and leading the sales process, assist in the training, motivation and development of the concierges, maintenance, and office teams. You will be the key contact person for all resident requests providing unparalleled customer service at all times. You will also be involved in the financial aspects of the operations and capital projects. The expectation is that, over time, under the tutelage of a General Manager, the AGM will be prepared for and eligible to be considered for a GM position.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leader and grow with us in an environment that is both challenging and rewarding. We are looking for someone who is inquisitive, energetic, hard-working, highly motivated and committed to providing superior resident service. Most importantly, we are looking for a dynamic person who will add the strength of their unique industry experience and personality to an already wonderful team of committed employees.
- Makes introductory calls to all future residents and assisting with all aspects of move ins for new residents to assure quality control and confirm satisfaction with service that was provided. Includes follow up and acclimating new residents to building, services and amenities.
- Collects and posts all resident rent payments. Manages accounts receivable.
- Coordinates the filing of legal proceedings in accordance with local ordinances.
- Processes all move-outs and the final statements.
- Reports – Delinquency and Collections, month end close.
- Supervises staff.
- Codes invoices and processes for payment.
- Liaises with vendors and contractor to ensure accurate billing.
- Assists Leasing with property tours as needed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of resident relation activities and events to enhance the residents’ appreciation of the building as a home.
- Provides administrative support with the resident web site, resident website access and letters, monthly mailings and other special projects as assigned by supervisory staff.
- Ensure efficient and courteous response to all resident requests, inquiries, concerns, etc. including follow up.
- Provides resolution to resident problems and on-going resident relations.
- In partnership with the building team members, serves as a liaison to the residents to foster good landlord/resident relationships.
- Handles all resident complaints expeditiously, diplomatically and professionally.
- Maintains accurate, efficient files for all site administration, including: lease files, operational procedure files, work-order files, etc.
- Prepares and processes appropriate written communications, i.e., memos, letters, insurance incident reports, etc.
- Establish best practices and systems for office operations, policy and procedures
- Special projects as assigned.
- Provides admin support as needed in absence of Resident Service Specialist
- Minimum of 3 years of operations experience or upscale customer service experience- preferably in a position(s) that incorporate both.
- administrative/office management experience required with strong data/file management
- Management Experience in Property Management or Hospitality required.
- Ability to read financial state profit and loss statements, variance reports and budgets.
- Leasing experience desirable.
- High level of flexibility required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superb analytical skills
- Must be highly organized
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Yardi experience, preferred.
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over Sixty billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com.