Regis College seeks a motivated and talented Gift Officer to join the Office of Institutional Advancement. The ideal candidate will be creative, collaborative, and eager to play an important role in the university’s annual fundraising efforts.
Rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition and inspired by the social justice values of our founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston, Regis College is a welcoming and inclusive community. We are called to provide access to an academically rigorous education through innovative learning opportunities and collaborative engagement at all degree levels. We educate the whole person, preparing our students to pursue excellence, to become change agents in their own communities, and to serve and lead as advocates for a more just and compassionate global society.
The Gift Officer, Leadership and Annual Giving, will engage new and existing leadership donors who have the capacity and interest in philanthropically supporting Regis’s mission to provide access to education to all. Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the position is responsible for achieving clearly defined revenue goals by cultivating relationships with leadership donors and prospects ($1,000+) and effective management of a portfolio of 150-200 donors. Cultivation and solicitation efforts will lead to improved donor retention, acquisition, and growth across various channels. Working collaboratively with the Institutional Advancement team to optimize gift support; the Gift Officer, Leadership and Annual Giving, will help to build a pipeline of major gift donors for the university. This position is also responsible for establishing, enhancing and leveraging key internal relationships in order to achieve optimal results.
- Oversee the portfolio management of approximately 150-200 leadership donors and prospects ($1,000+).
- Execute a moves management plan for portfolio of donors and prospects. The plan will include cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship goals achieved through strategic engagement, in-person visits, personal phone calls, emails and handwritten notes for donors in portfolio.
- Engage in research/utilize existing information to effectively leverage relationships.
- Work with the VP, Alumni Relations, and Annual Giving teams to establish long term goals and objectives for fundraising strategy for leadership and annual gifts.
- Manage and work with alumni and friends of Regis volunteers and staff to achieve fundraising goals and increase donor engagement.
- Manage 1-3 reunion giving committees to increase engagement and giving among alumni.
- Track all prospect outreach and information in Raiser’s Edge and produce contact reports in a timely fashion.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis to the VP to demonstrate progress toward fundraising goals and identify areas of success and/or concern. Revise strategies as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3-5 years of fundraising or transferable experience in either the private or non-profit sector.
- Ability to uphold the university’s commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
- Proven experience and ability to build relationships with donors resulting in gifts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to inform, inspire and connect prospects and donors to Regis College’s mission and student community.
- Strong customer service skills and commitment to donor confidentiality.
- Strong presentation, persuasive writing and analytical skills to communicate complex issues in ways that are compelling and engaging to donors.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team and work effectively with staff, faculty, alumni/ae, and other external and internal constituencies.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong internal partnerships and work within cross-functional teams; team player.
- High-energy individual with a positive outlook.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing environment.
- Creative and strategic problem solver.
- Highly motivated self-starter; able and willing to take initiative and action.
- Commitment to accountability.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or a related data management systems strongly preferred.
- Volunteer management preferred.
Protecting the Regis Community
At Regis the safety of our campus community is our highest priority. We invite all applicants to review our health and safety protocols at our COVID-19 Updates page. The most powerful measure we can take is vaccination, and all campus community members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the exception of certain medical and religious exemptions. New employees without an approved medical or religious exemption are required to have their first vaccine dose by their date of hire. And all new employees will join the campus community in using the CoVerified app to upload vaccine information, report symptoms, and schedule regular campus COVID tests. We’re in this together!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action. Regis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran’s status, membership in uniformed services or any other protected status.