Pulled from the full job description
Health savings account
Employee stock purchase plan
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Employee assistance program
Full Job Description
The Red Hat Finance team is looking for a Financial Data Analyst to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will be responsible for close partnership with Red Hat’s Product Business teams globally, streamlining and improving processes and preparing financial reports to improve operational performance. You’ll need to understand complex financial problems while clearly communicating sound explanations and solutions to promote long-term profitable growth.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Support various business functions in reviewing annual financial targets or goals, analysis, and measurement to meet top-line product attainment and Red Hat’s shared KPIs
- Collaborate with the Products and Technologies Operations (PnT Ops), Analytics, and Business operations teams to bring unified executive-level dashboards with actionable insights
- Analyze global performance, including financial and other operational KPIs, in alignment with the Finance team
- Support the Business Finance team for data discovery and visualization, sharing best practices and collaborating across teams
- Develop understanding of Red Hat’s global business model in order to identify financial trends and provide value-added analysis
- Perform monthly financial and operational analysis with commentary
- Analyze and evaluate short and long-term plans for financial implications to long-term profitable growth in partnership with the entire portfolio of our offerings
- Support long-term and annual planning processes
- Analyze and shape pricing and discounting models
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA is a plus
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Tableau experience; DBeaver is a plus
- Interest in implementation of streamlined reporting and analysis
- Analytical approach to work
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify and explain complex problems to stakeholders of all levels across multiple functions
- Keen business judgment with understanding of business operations
- Ability to work on your own and identify value in an unstructured situation
About Red Hat:
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account – healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account – high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.