- 1515 North Courthouse Road, Arlington, VA
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
We are looking for an emergent design leader highly skilled at crafting exceptional experiences for our clients as they guide diverse teams to deliver those experiences. This UX Design Lead will use their design prowess and skills at building relationships to lead research exercises, design explorations, and cross-functional development of high-end technology solutions.
They will be responsible for strengthening our reputation as pioneers in the industry. They will motivate their teams to resolve problems in new ways. They will form bonds with clients as an organizational partner and thought leader. They will lead the creation of, and maintain and evangelize, design systems that nurture future innovation and sustainability. They will champion their team’s results while delivering timely and critical feedback.
For a long-term public sector engagement, we are seeking a hands-on manager with expertise in interaction design to join a large team of creatives. This person will design interfaces and workflows for a complex enterprise application that impacts the lives of millions of people. They will lead multiple tracks of work, supervising more junior designers and crafting solutions for complex problems while collaborating directly with client stakeholders and agile delivery teams.
Successful team members are collaborative, resourceful problem-solvers who can adapt quickly to changing priorities and fast-paced work during standard business hours. They trust the design process to create clarity in ambiguous situations.
Candidates local to the DMV area are strongly preferred. Post-pandemic, team members may be required to spend some time working on-site with our client in the Washington, DC area to enable first-class delivery of services, along with occasional travel to other client locations across the country.
Sounds like you? If you are committed to not only transforming the world with amazing products but also being a valued anchor to our growing global organization, you will be instrumental in our bold pursuit of helping companies change the world. Apply now.
- Guide and organize discovery, research, and data synthesis to identify critical user insights and develop hypotheses to design effective experiences
- Possess deep understanding of craft, tools and process
- Propose optimizations and creative approaches to systems that can drive users’ needs
- Deliver high-quality work through hands-on design and prototyping, as well as managing others
- Possess a holistic view of the work to generate realistic goals for their project teams to meet
- Clarify and define success metrics for client and business impact
- Design detailed solutions that address clear customer and user needs, business context, client vision, technical requirements, and project KPIs
- Create and lead the creation of complex interactive prototypes to help elicit requirements and user feedback
- Design and lead user research sessions
- Lead the creation and facilitation of workshops, structured brainstorms, or other collaboration exercises
- Lead collaboration between Experience and Engineering capabilities
- Identify and define new opportunities to bring value to client engagements
- Mentor junior design team members
- Contribute to the design community and business development efforts as time and opportunities permit
Your Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication and consulting skills
- Excellent visioning skills, i.e. creating strategic roadmaps for future outcomes
- Leading projects from start to finish, including segmenting a track of work into manageable assignments for multiple designers to contribute
- Experience leveraging, and contributing to, design systems
- Data and insights analysis to determine experience success metrics & KPIs
- Complex system mapping and process mapping
- Deep understanding of user research and testing
- Mapping user journeys and interactive flows
- Wireframing functionality for features and content
- Advanced interaction design
- Advanced prototyping skills with either software or live code
- Advanced knowledge of component-based design and development (coding not required)
- Advanced knowledge of audits and competitive landscaping
- Basic knowledge of project scope estimates
- Experience managing and mentoring careers of junior design talent
This is a hands-on role as well as a leadership position, so candidates must provide an online portfolio with interactive prototypes to share.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree required from college or university
Set Yourself Apart With:
- Expertise in visual design, data visualization, or content strategy
- Understanding of designing for accessibility
- Consultancy and business strategy client experience
- Experience with agile product environments and processes
- Ecosystem mapping and design
- Demonstrated photo or video editing capabilities
- Design for emerging experiences, i.e. artificial intelligence and machine learning
Within Three Months on the Project, You Will:
- Have completed all required training for both Publicis Sapient and the client
- Be familiar with the team’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Have shadowed other Leads to learn about the application and how we work as a team
- Be leading a track of work and leading discussions with the creative team, stakeholders and delivery teams
- Demonstrate proficiency with the application’s design system and our prototyping tools
- Have a strong grasp of the client’s high-level business processes and workflows
- Have a strong understanding of the enterprise application
- Be comfortable taking on new work on short notice and juggling multiple tracks of work simultaneously
Benefits of Working Here:
- Flexible vacation policy; time is not limited, allocated, or accrued
- 16 paid holidays throughout the year
- Generous parental leave and new parent transition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Corporate gift matching program
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.