Actuarial – Actuarial
This position resides in the centralized Assumption Management Group focusing specifically on mortality assumptions for Individual Life Insurance (ILI).
The primary responsibility of this group is the development of mortality assumptions used for a variety of critical business purposes including: the pricing of new products, GAAP and STAT financial reporting including Principle Based Reserves (PBR), forecasting, Economic Capital, Asset Adequacy Testing (AAT), as well as support of other regulatory and reporting requirements. In addition, the group performs analysis to support special projects and to contribute to the full understanding of impact to mortality on financial results on a quarterly basis.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Development of timely and accurate experience studies as well as sound recommendations for mortality related assumptions for the ILI business. This involves collaboration with the Assumptions Strategy & Capabilities team to build capabilities for mortality studies and monitoring.
- Ownership of key strategic projects that will impact ILI in both short-term and long-term (e.g. COVID-19 impact, changes on mortality due to underwriting, etc).
- Support determination and communication of the impact of mortality experience on ILI results and forecasts.
- Collaborate with business partners (pricing, modeling, valuation, finance corporate teams) to understand and support their assumption needs.
- Provide management with actionable business insights based on assumption
- Proactively drive process, analysis, and control improvements
The successful candidate will have the following core qualifications:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Excel, Power BI and database management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who can work effectively on a wide variety of assignments
- Demonstrated interpersonal and partnering skills
- ASA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and actuarial experience
Strongest consideration will be given to candidates who possess the core qualifications and who have some of the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of life insurance products and industry
- Mortality and assumption expertise
- Experience in GAAP or STAT financial reporting
- Knowledge of predictive analytics
- Knowledge of Python and R
- *Note: Prudential is required by Colorado law to include the salary range for this role when hiring a Colorado resident.
Salary range specific to Colorado: ($98,000 to $139,200) + discretionary incentive bonus + benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email email@example.com to request assistance.