Full Job Description
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
Protective Life is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our growing Enterprise Project Office in Birmingham. This high profile position will be involved in coordinating project work across the enterprise and tackling the company’s larger strategic initiatives. Particular emphasis will be on leading and execution of initiatives designed to deploy the people, processes, and technology supporting Protective’s corporate strategy.
Candidates must be capable of adding significant value to the company through exercising strong and effective leadership, driving the delivery of benefits within a business case-focused environment. The Senior Project Manager will optimize delivery by effectively defining, communicating and managing project objectives and success factors and ensuring all project activities remain aligned with the business case.
- Candidate must have experience in partnering with business owners, the IT organization and third parties to effectively plan and execute strategically imperative initiatives including experience in contract negotiations and management of third parties as well as creating and managing CBA documents
- Candidate needs to have a proven track record of managing multiple large and complex cross functional projects within an organization
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively as well as create and present information at all levels within the organization, including Executive Management
- Candidates need to show unwavering commitment to the delivery of quality work products, as specified, on time, within budget and ultimately to the quantifiable realization of promised project benefits. This will include a disciplined application of standardized project management processes and procedures.
- Highly-valued behavioral skills include thinking strategically, leading creatively and managing change effectively.
- Must be able to collaborate with business owners to ensure prioritization of technical deliverables required to meet business objectives
- Candidate will role model techniques and behaviors to create high-performing teams
- Candidate must be able to travel in support of acquisition activities
- The ideal candidate will have proven ability to help guide the organization towards continuous improvement using Agile & Scrum concepts, principles, and techniques
- Proven experience as a Project Manager or Product Owner in an Agile environment
- Strong people skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor degree required
- MBA preferred
- Financial services background preferred
This position is an in office position.
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.